Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I will be up at my mom's place in Cortland County that weekend.

I'm thinking of leading a small rally from CNY via Rt 20 to the Mohawk Valley, Rt 28 N, then Picking up the Thruway in Herkimer for the rest of the trip in.

Good meet up spot would be the McDonalds on Rt81/Rt20 in LaFayette. We used this meetup years ago for the Carlisle convoy. Maybe 8am.

We could then shoot the mountains heading into Madison County, and pass thru Cazenovia, Nelson, Morrisville, Bouckville, Madison, German Flats, then take a twistie into Ilion to pick up the thruway, maybe a stopover to see Bill at SAABCARe and get some coffees or Caffine laced beer drinks or whatever.

Link to the leaf report:
http://www.iloveny.com/What-To-Do/Reasons-To-Love-NY/Fall-Foliage-Report.aspx

NY Leaf Report said:
This is the sixth 2010 FALL COLOR REPORT for New York State. Reports are obtained from Governor Patterson and reflect expected color conditions for the coming weekend. FALL COLOR REPORTS are issued every Wednesday afternoon.
Beautiful peak and near peak fall foliage continues its 2010 tour across New York State this weekend, with stops in the Finger Lakes, Capital-Saratoga, Hudson Valley, Thousand Islands-Seaway, Chautauqua-Allegheny, Central New York and southern and eastern Adirondacks regions, according to observers for Empire State Development's I LOVE NEW YORK program.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Love to join you but assuming i'm gonna make it, i'll probably go up 87

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No prob, anybody that wants to come up Friday, do some bar hoppin in Cazenovia, then crash at the cabin in the middle of nowhere, let me know.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
if my plans of towing back a car fall through maybe i'll make the extra journey. I'm envious of the fun that will occur none the less.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Make sure you hit the Illion gorge.. Good fun through there providing there are no leaves in the road.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
No prob, anybody that wants to come up Friday, do some bar hoppin in Cazenovia, then crash at the cabin in the middle of nowhere, let me know.
This sounds like it has potential for total failure - yet complete insanity. Where you say you going to be Friday night? lol Tempted - we'll see how my Friday goes anyways. (I am now Tweek friendly BTW at my house - recently bought a full sized glass beer pitcher and 6 pint glasses - as I know you like to drink from the pitcher) I figure I'm prolly rolling up to Walden Friday night to crash at Paul's Parents if that is their plan, otherwise it'll be a super Saturday AM drive from PA...

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
to the Mohawk Valley, Rt 28 N, then Picking up the Thruway in Herkimer
Make sure you hit the Illion gorge.. Good fun through there providing there are no leaves in the road.
Yep got that covered. I would love to hit other roads, but we aren't going to have the time.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Dam this is really close for me. Would be a first time for me being a SAAB Meet virgin and all. What is the actual day and time for these shinanigans?

·
Registered
237 Posts
This saturday at 9am there is a thread on it and also a face book event under the new england saab association's page they have a link to the event

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dood, the dulles airport friction tester will be there, and the spg prototype, and a 67 96 with 600 something miles on it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Someone get me a ride from NYC

I am flying into NYC for five days on Friday, just found out about the event. anyone going from the city?
Gary 406 870 2591

1 - 13 of 13 Posts