Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have a 1997 saab 9000 cs 2.0l turbo lpt i have a couple of problems with it 1 the electric rear windows have stopped working 2 rear heated windscreen has stopped working and the cigar lighter has packed in does anyone know if these items are controlled by the same reay if anybody has any ideas id be grateful

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Firstly - welcome! Enjoy Saablink

Fuses, not relays in this case - and all you need to do is flip down the passenger side fuse panel door and read what they say - check the fuses, replace any/all that are blown and report back.

Window problems can be switch - either master or door switch I believe both need to work. Motor, or fuse problems.

Rear defrost I bet it tied into something else and could be just a fuse. Otherwise the older the cars get the rear defrost can start to be come less functional, there ar repairs out there for the element grids if that ends up being the problem.

Cigarette lighter in-op, again - I bet it's a fuse issue. These typically never stop working unless there is a wire tap (someone added aftermarket components and stole the power wire rather then splicing).

·
Registered
385 Posts
Not a heluvalot of actual difference between DOT and Ecodes that I've personally noticed ...I have E codes on my 9k and they are.. bit.. better, but nowhere near as big a difference as on my old c900.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts