Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a good clutch master for a C900, and I'd perfer a genuine SAAB piece, not a scantech job. I've rebuilt mine twice with a scantech kit and both times, it's instantly failed. :roll: shitty kit or poor install...who knows.

Just looking for a good, used KNOWN good OEM piece if someone has one. Vehicle is an '88 900T.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Is the bore of your cylinder perfectly smooth? If it's got deposits or corrosion built up it will tear the new seals.

You can sort of ream an old cylinder out with a Scotchbrite hand pad wrapped / taped around a 1/4" socket extension and spin it with a drill to hone it out, I have done it with steel wool before too and that works well.

Unless it's pitted there's no reason it should be blowing the new seals out as long as the cylinder is clean.

Drew

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The bore looked very clean, and I've read about that; making sure its clear of any debris, dings, scratches. It looked perfect. I installed the kit I bought from eeuro twice, and each time, it seemed VERY self-explainatory, and everything went back together nicely. The movement also felt good on the actuation of the piston, but both times, when I went to bleed the system out, the clutch would feel "normal" for 1 depression, and from there, it had NO resistance. There are no external leaks, and I also cannot see the slave cyl. moving. If the fluid reservoir is good, the hose to the clutch master is good, the hose / line to the slave is good, and there are no external leaks anywhere on the slave, then I've GOT to think that I somehow dicked up the install of that kit, or that the clutch master internals are somehow junk, rendering a rebuild useless.

For bleeding, I cracked the bleeder open on the slave, filled the reservoir, then used an air compressor set at 15psi or so, to force fluid through the whole system. It spattered out the slave, then had a nice solid stream of clean fresh fluid coming out. I'd close the bleeder, press the clutch once and it would give resistance on the way down, but on the next depression, there is literally NO resistance at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts