Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got home from a great day spent at our local Concours for the Saab Club of Australia Victoria Branch. We hold the State Concours every two years, with the National concours held the alt years We had about 15 cars present for judging, which is probably down a bit on previous years, but not down in the enthusiasm shown by members and their cars. Some great cars there!

I had my 2002 9-3 Aero there, as well as my 1988 900 Aero which has just had a brand NEW crate 16V Turbo engine installed (I literally picked it up on Friday after being at my mechanics for a few weeks). I now have to run-in the new engine - in a 22 year old car! Amazing!). Although I am having some cold start over-rich issues which need ironing out (maybe a subject for another thread here).

The weather was fantastic with about a top temp of 22˚C. Was a little worried yesterday as we had drizzle for most of the morning, cutting into the cleaning time available spent on the cars!

Yours truly won the C900 Class (woohoo!) for my 1988 900 Aero, and the TurboX won the best car on the day.

Some pics can be found on my Flickr: Sabs Pics on Flickr

And here are a few shots I took…

Enjoy!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It isn't a Viggen but a 9-3 Aero. :) They are Hirsch 18" rims… really finishes off the great look on Alex's 9-3 Aero!

I wouldn't mind a set either!

I don't think Hirsch sell them anymore alas.

sab

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
^so the 9-3 aero had the 2.0 motor correct? Were Viggens sent to AUS,

-Great pics looks like a real nice day, spring for you correct?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^so the 9-3 aero had the 2.0 motor correct? Were Viggens sent to AUS,

-Great pics looks like a real nice day, spring for you correct?
Cheers Mvadenais. Yes the 9-3 Aero has the 2.0 litre HOT engine (153kW or 205hp). They also came with the ground effects/spoiler kit from the Viggen. Viggen seats and interior. But had the Euro pedestal spoiler.

We only got the Viggen down here in 1999 (Lightning Blue only) and 2000 (Lightning Blue and Black only). We never got any of the other colours you guys got. :( I think they only imported them in two years due to the very high cost… the coupe/5 door was around AUD$85,000 and the convertible was aud$105,000!!! These work out to be (conversion rate from the year 2000 AUD/USD was at 0.65 cents) coupe/5 door: US$56,000 and US$69,000 or thereabouts for the cvt.

Yes Spring down here now! Nice to have some warmer weather!

sab

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.