Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Wow. That's some big news. I've been paying too much attention to chainsaws and I'm missing all of the big Saab news.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
I know little to nothing about SC except that, before all this blew up, I had posted maybe three times over there. Tops.

Last time I checked the ownership thread, people seemed to still not be getting that the new administrator is paid to do her job. Highly unlikely she's a car enthusiast.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Dear TSL'ers,

In case you don't cruise this section over at SaabCentral, I encourage you to read through these threads:

New Owners for SaabCentral... - SaabCentral Forums

Word to the Wise - SaabCentral Forums

Not for sale - SaabCentral Forums

Other good threads with informative links are these:

• View topic - And another one falls....

http://www.saablink.net/forum/problems/52120.htm

There is a very good chance that this site will face the same fate. If you're OK with the arrival of corporate masters, disregard this. It doesn't bug some people and that's OK.

If you're not, there are alternatives.

My manifesto is this:

1. Posting up information about cars, any cars, for the benefit of a community is fine with me. For the benefit of a corporation who owns sole reproductive rights of said information, not cool.

2. If I'm going to moderate for said corporation, I'd like a check.

3. An enthusiast site should be run by enthusiasts. Plain and simple.

If anyone wants to contact me to discuss this situation, I welcome them to do it through e-mail.

Erica

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
That's a little disturbing how they locked out an account, and then refuse to let people delete things, as well as implement terms without telling anyone. I guess that's what you get in this electronic age.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Yeah Wulf said his account was locked out without his knowledge, as well as that TOS bit. It was on the thread you had posted on I believe, aireeca. Funny, I guess they didnt want anyone to know so they deleted it?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts