Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://carfreaks.b0nk.net/saab.asf

a bunch of 9000's dancing in a car ballet. :shock:

actually the further you get into the 8+ minute video, it is less graceful and more like watching some dudes beat the snot out of these cars. :lol: :lol: :shock:

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
glad someone found that again - Saab Centrals Link went south and I haven't been able to -re-download it. It's a must have for ANY clsasic Saab owner - it has some c900's in it too doing the tire blow out test. Good Video. 8)

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
iwantaviggen said:
oh that was great! i want to learn those moves....
well if you have SEVERL sets of tires, and transmissions among motor mounts and other parts laying around - then go for it! I love how towards the end of the film you see different color cars (hint hint) But yeah - I can vouch irst hand that the 9000T's do in fact light the front (driver) left wheel up in a could of smoke - and it's sick as shit too :twisted: :lol: 8) :shock:

·
Registered
126 Posts
BurnsSide42 said:
glad someone found that again - Saab Centrals Link went south and I haven't been able to -re-download it. It's a must have for ANY clsasic Saab owner - it has some c900's in it too doing the tire blow out test. Good Video. 8)
It's also good for those of us Saab owners without classic Saabs. :wink: :D

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
oh i wasnt going to use my car...maybe if someone wanted to volenteer their 9k....wink wink burns!! haha

but id love to take an old junker of anything and try that out...

howd you get it on VHS..what was the purpose of making that video?...advertising??

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
i burned it onto a dvd so i could show my parents on the big screen because they were to lazy to come to the computer and watch it, and i was to lazy to bring it to them.

so i have it on dvd, so ha, i think that beats vhs, and unless someone has it on one of those huge mega laserdiscs, i think i win. lol

i have it on my pc, so if the link dies and anyone wants it, let me know

~justin

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
LOL thats some funny shit, very starnge though i don't ever want to see that again. The jumps were cool though. still i won't get my 8min and 43 sec back that i spent watching that silly silly movie.

·
Registered
461 Posts
It doesn't work for me. Its just a a blank page.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
iwantaviggen said:
oh i wasnt going to use my car...maybe if someone wanted to volenteer their 9k....wink wink burns!! haha

but id love to take an old junker of anything and try that out...

howd you get it on VHS..what was the purpose of making that video?...advertising??
how about this - you give me your car in exchange for my keys - and we can both "test" each others cars out. :twisted: Besides - my 9Kt would blow it's differential after the first 40 seconds of spinning em - not to mention the sudden reverse - say good bye clutch and motor mounts with that move. I'd love to just take my 9k into a lot and film some fun - but I can't afford that yet.... maybe in a few months. :lol:

·
Registered
461 Posts
And the award for Missing The Obvious Goes Too......

Yeah totally didn't even think about "save target as". ANyway that video............
Two words : FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!! :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was laughing the whole time it was so fraking amazing. It made me giddy. Though the part with the reb saab I didn't get maybe someone can clear that up for me

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Think it might have been did not go out of control when it blew its tire. Just guessing.

·
Registered
126 Posts
It was that video and the Talledega test they did with the 9000 (before the NG900's) that sold me on Saab almost 20 years ago!

I remember Saab showing this at car shows and promoting it on the different car shows on TV back then ... and it holds up very well over the passage of time! 8)

·
Registered
616 Posts
The video is a definite must have for any Saab owner.
I used to do some moves like that when I was a kid.......
We called them "field cars"!

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
"feild cars" are very popular in norway and other scandanavian countries from what i have read while doing a project on sweden, its like an afterschool sport, one kids rides on the top and sees how long he can stay on

and the red convertible, notice he has his hands in the air when it blows out and it doesnt loose control

when the one 9k goes up on two wheels he comes DAMN close to rolling it but manages to save it, and go right into a turn, fricking awesome

1 - 20 of 24 Posts