Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
7,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I guess some of you guys may or may not have known that I got a saab 99! It was allll the way on the tip of Long Island NY. So anyway today is the 1st time I actually got a chance to go pick it up. Wow!! Condition is Excellent It has very little rust. It took about 4 hours to get it home from NY, no problems on the return trip. Made 80 mph on the highway no problem what so ever. the wastegate likes to stick sometimes, but it does not feel like a major problem. The guy who sold it gave me a trunk of extra parts, including a turbo wastegate for a 99. The air conditioning needs to be re-installed and it needs a charge. I got all the brackets and stuff that goes with it, just have to install it. To say I am happy with the condition would be an understatement for the price I paid for it. Anyway, a little bit about the drive. The drive up was un eventful. took the long island expressway the whole way. On the way back we went through New York City. up town and down. Drove directly by the Empire State building (I had never seen it up close before). I guess that's something I would have prefered to have seen the world trade center, but well... you know So Pictures to follow once daylight comes out. Oh, also it really DOES have 505,000 miles on it but you would never know to drive it.

·
7,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pictures!

main things it needs are--
seat covers
rear head rests
front air dam
corner light (it's all warped)
radio console (it's cracked)
nicer conditioned steering wheel
and a stock Turbo 99 grill!
~The search begins :) ~

·
Registered
19 Posts
That looks great. I've never seen a 99T that colour before. Does it have a glass sunroof behind that wind-guard (mine has)?

Could I suggest a front spoiler in the plans too? <edit - Ooops, should have read the bottom section properly> Whatever, car still looks sensational anyway and 505K miles :shock:

·
Registered
461 Posts
One quick thing....attack that rust. Sand it off or whatever you need to do so you don't let the ravages of time take beauty away from such spectacular machinery.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Might I ask how much one of those sets you back? It looks pretty sweet from the outside, especially the side and front views. Agree with Osiris about the rust, but man thats a lot of sanding....

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
that's farking awsome man. old skool kool 8)

·
Registered
514 Posts
I want one! Have been looking for a decent 99 in the past year but very hard to find!

Keep it! it will be worth allot more in the near future

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Looks gooood.

"So how many miles are on it? " a person asks.
"A half million." replies Delorean.
8)

·
7,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
haha, it's actually not gaining miles nearly as fast as it did early in it's life. I have only taken it on a distant trip once and around town miles never amount to anything. this thread was from like a year ago, and I am not even above 510K yet... give it some more time, I'll be at 550K! and yep Ced, that's the responce I give :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts