1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
ebay is a terrible representation of car prices.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
I just checked edmunds on my 9-5 and it was hard to see (sad). I hope this is true, just getting mine ready to go now. I've got one two many, and now the family truckster is a minivan, not a 9-5 (double sad).

·
Registered
10,080 Posts
Bought this for my cousin tonight. RK2's, 16's with Nokians in the trunk included. Got it for wholesale at $3275, 107k. EVERYTHING works, one owner car, good shape. Nothing came close to it for the price.

·
Super Moderator
6,730 Posts
Bought my silver 2001 aero 5 speed for $4,500 with just 100k. It was a 2 owner car, second owner had it since 20k.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
dealer retail was roughly $3k on my 9-5. I was hoping to get 3K before I saw what edmunds had! :(

Those are good deals, mine is not an aero, but has a b234 that was rebuilt about 25K miles ago, and a td04. Mine does have high mileage (147K).

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
our 2001 9-5 Auto Wagon has only 30K on it's new saab engine and turbo - I should see if I can get $10,500 for it :D Everything is new and works, plus it's got a BSR exhaust now lol sound fair?

That ebay one is a clone of our 9-5 - cept those wheels now have winters on them and I run 17" Aero turbines for summer use. I also installed an Aero dash (brushed Aluminum).

If I was able to get $6,000 for ours, I'd sell it today. (has 106K on car and about 30K on engine/turbo) and a fresh headgasket.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think its the economy making used cars more attractive...more people are realizing its a better option to pay cash for a car rather than get a car loan and have more debt...I know I will never ever buy a new car again...the small price we pay for having older car is no comparison to driving a new car off the lot, losing 5K in value and paying a huge car payment every month in addition to the high priced full coverage insurance the lenders make you get.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If you put a detailed listing online and listed all the things done to your car with really nice clean photos I bet you could get 5.5-6.5K for your car...

our 2001 9-5 Auto Wagon has only 30K on it's new saab engine and turbo - I should see if I can get $10,500 for it :D Everything is new and works, plus it's got a BSR exhaust now lol sound fair?

That ebay one is a clone of our 9-5 - cept those wheels now have winters on them and I run 17" Aero turbines for summer use. I also installed an Aero dash (brushed Aluminum).

If I was able to get $6,000 for ours, I'd sell it today. (has 106K on car and about 30K on engine/turbo) and a fresh headgasket.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
If you put a detailed listing online and listed all the things done to your car with really nice clean photos I bet you could get 5.5-6.5K for your car...
Yeah - but If I sold it - then the future wife would be back to driving a 1990 c900 Convertible for winter... not that she would care, but I would miss the Station Wagon. It's so functional! And like said - I am not buying a new car unless I could pull a epartsland move one day and just buy it outright all at once and use it as a company write off. That is the only way I see buying a new car - even then it seems a bit silly. I'd rather put 200K on this car and sell it for $1500 in a few years...

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That makes sense...I want to trade my car, but there is really nothing worth trading...the wagons are so functional and my wife bitched about having a car with manual trans...I wish my transmission had a quick release option from MT to AT...the sport shift are newer cars is such crap.

·
Registered
10,080 Posts
bargain price, anyone one who didn't know saabs would not believe the price if you told them...
We looked at about 12 Saabs. You would not believe what people/dealers are asking for 140k base 9-3's that were smelly smokers cars with burn holes. He wanted a hatch, but after seeing and driving this car which would retail for almost twice what he paid, it was a DONE deal.

He was excited and couldn't wait to show his friends who will think he paid 3x as much. That would have not happened with much of anything else in his price range.

·
Registered
369 Posts
What year is that 9-5? :confused:

Local dealer has a 2002 combi with auto and about 100k on it and he is asking $6,000 a year ago he had a pristine 2003 9-3 with 100K and the price was $3,000 and despite the fact it was an 03 I almost bought it.

The combi he has now is real neat flashy red. Pity is, it's automatic.

As we get deeper into this depression, the prices will keep climbing but it will be harder to get rid of a car. I'm in the market for a 900 or something else possibly if you know anyone ... but it has to be manual and relatively close.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I bought my 2004 Aero in December 2008 with 30k miles on it for $12,500 from a non-Saab dealership. I have put another 30k miles on it, and two years later KBB tells me the retail value is $13,640!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.