Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Under the hood, nestles a choice of compact and efficient V6 engines, naturally-aspirated or turbocharged. The 265 hp, 3.0-liter motor for the entry-level model features direct fuel injection and variable valve timing; while the 300 hp, 2.8-liter exchanges direct injection for twin-scroll turbocharging and is exclusive to top-of-line Aero variants. Both engines are mated to six-speed automatic transmissions under adaptive, electronic control.
Not impressed! It was supposed to have the Ecotech 4 cylinder turbo as an option - I do not want a silly V6! Put a 1.9TTID into it and I'll be interested in one.... stupid V6! What is the 3.0L from anyways? It better not be the Opel motor making another round...

·
Registered
800 Posts
:::Yawn:::

I just hope Saab doesn't make the same mistake as Volvo by abandoning wagons completely in the U.S. market. I finally saw one of those 9-3 Outbacks the other day, not bad, but that and the 9-4 shouldn't be our only wagonesque choices here.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
:::Yawn:::

I just hope Saab doesn't make the same mistake as Volvo by abandoning wagons completely in the U.S. market. I finally saw one of those 9-3 Outbacks the other day, not bad, but that and the 9-4 shouldn't be our only wagonesque choices here.
9-5 Wagon is coming next year isn't it? But still - you are dead right! We need a good station wagon and a good hatchback - Sport Uts are old news and Crossovers should be turbo diesel's.....

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Not impressed! It was supposed to have the Ecotech 4 cylinder turbo as an option - I do not want a silly V6! Put a 1.9TTID into it and I'll be interested in one.... stupid V6! What is the 3.0L from anyways? It better not be the Opel motor making another round...
Dude I Gotta disagree with you for once, Having Replaced Dozens of ECOTRASH engines Due to All kinds of Failures the V6 made by Holden is Awesome. Its a Real engine Made of IRON and Beautifully Cast Aluminum Parts with Gigantic Intakes. Unlike the Styrofoam cast junk the ECOCRAP is made of. A Tuned 2.8T is a Beautiful thing to drive and the Twinscroll works wonderfully. Just Take one apart to see what we're talking about but they Rarely have needed attention,

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Ummm, yeah. But isn't that the target market?

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
i see alot of the new 9-5 in the 9-4. The front end, back end, the interior(mainly the driver cockpit). this is obviously going to be the trend and look of the next saab models. i like it, and for those who dont, i say start getting used to it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts