Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Got a 2001 9-3 vert with low pressure turbo 205E motor.

Fitted new supposedly ceramic pads to it, but they are even worse than what it had before;

Original pads (not readable as to what they are) were OK but required a fair bit of effort to stop.

New ones seemed to bed in OK, but later deteriorated so feeling quite unresponsive until a lot of pressure on pedal.

As the car is for my girlfriend's daily use, this is not great.

Can anyone recommend good pads for normal street driving that I can use; Preferably ones that I can buy in Australia or nearby.

I would also welcome any other suggestions about improving the brakes.

Wonder if some twin piston calipers may be able to be fitted.

Also trying to find a good source of Parts for Saabs in Australia or preferably Western Australia. Any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Not sure about availability in Australia, but Akebono is typically the brand I goto for a generic daily driver. Also, if you haven't had the brake fluid flushed in two years, do it. You'd be amazed at the difference it makes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks will try bleeding it. I emptied the reservoir and put fresh fluid in when we got it, but my car hoist was clogged so did not do any more.

Akebono available but from premium outlet; Silly prices; Still looking.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi

Got a 2001 9-3 vert with low pressure turbo 205E motor.

Fitted new supposedly ceramic pads to it, but they are even worse than what it had before;

Original pads (not readable as to what they are) were OK but required a fair bit of effort to stop.

New ones seemed to bed in OK, but later deteriorated so feeling quite unresponsive until a lot of pressure on pedal.

As the car is for my girlfriend's daily use, this is not great.

Can anyone recommend good pads for normal street driving that I can use; Preferably ones that I can buy in Australia or nearby.

I would also welcome any other suggestions about improving the brakes.

Wonder if some twin piston calipers may be able to be fitted.

Also trying to find a good source of Parts for Saabs in Australia or preferably Western Australia. Any suggestions?

Thanks
I recently installed new disc pads all around plus new front disc rotors
I used standard parts nothing special, off the shelf. I have found with experience hard pads tend to wear your disc faster, cheaper to replace pads than rotors
Parts
I suggest Steve at NSW Saab Salvage, he is a wealth of knowledge as well
02 96276834

1 - 5 of 5 Posts