Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's nice to find some runs now that I'm finally back behind the wheel of a car, all in one day, too!

Headed to work, I spot a red 1st gen Viper a few lanes over. Older gentleman with the license plate 'JUSLUCKY' :razz:. My Honda friend had one of these for a while last year but he said there's no point to run because it was slow and laid down "only" 350whp~ on his dyno so I didn't get to run him :( this guy had a bit more confidence in his Dodge. I finally managed to get his attention the hard way by farting on him through a 1.25" pipe and from about 70 he takes the jump, I watch him pull a couple cars on me and then reel his ass back in by the time my speedo read 110. By 130 I have a fair distance on him and brake quick so I don't have to back peddle any farther, just as the guy drives by and gives me a nod. Get to work 5 minutes late for missing my exit but it was totally worth it.

Just left Starbucks earlier with my friend who traded in for a '10 STI Special Edition back in April. From 60 we both roll into it, so no lag and tooted past pretty easily. Bigger stretch approaches, slightly uphill and from about 55, I just tell him to go and when I hear it I floor it. iPhone 3g 5f/s proof:

(rotated 90 degrees clockwise, Windows users 'CTRL+ALT+ ->' your screen)

http://tinypic.com/r/zml6ow/7

It's good to be back with my car again and I'm glad to know that my car's a little faster than a stock STI.

Later video:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
who records sideways? lol Good one I guess. I miss doing shit like that in my 87' - the 95' is quick on the HWY - but around town the automatic seems to make it a real dog from the dead stop untill top of 2nd gear.
LOL I knew I would get shit for that. I'm surprised the footage is even that good because I wasn't looking at the screen at all, I was watching the road, my AFR/EGT, and my speed. You can't really tell from the video but I shifted way early into 4th.

Yeah automatic would be ideal for stoplight showdowns.. my boss swears his old Ford pick up is the fastest thing from 0-20 :D I don't even bother.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.