Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Saturday at the Nazareth Speedway in PA is a SCCA auto-cross. I attended the one this Sunday and had a great time. My Saab performed very well and I am going to go back again this Saturday, but I hope to see more Saabs there this week. Here is the website with the details.
http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae...psrnd=.83581920159495434720529447359459499813
Cost is $25 when you sign up for a temporary SCCA membership, $35 for the event if you are already a member.

It's a lot of fun, hope to see you there.
Eric

Here is a pic of me at the even.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's a funny pic. When I was cleaning out my Saab before the run I found a pair of swimming goggles. My friends convinced me to put them on with the helmet. I didn't drive with them on, but it might help if I drove into a lake.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I've been to an autocross once with my 900S. Had a blast! I've have not been to this event though, I hear it has some nice long courses.

I MIGHT show up, but I was planning on re-doing my headliner. Plus I have 2 meets comin up too.

We'll see.

Ian

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It’s closer to you than the junkyard we went to by at least a half hour. And the tech inspection is even easier than the drag strip inspection.

Note: Don't worry about signing up online. Anyone can just show up the day of the event and race.

·
7,595 Posts
is it really? I am not sure if we are thinking of the same Nazareth here :lol: I am right near philly, so yeah that would make it further away. in any case, I'm up for it.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
if i'm around I might go to watch - but not take the 9000 out on the track course - it's fine for straight lines - but corners - might as well give wheels to a brick... :roll: :shock: :lol:

·
7,595 Posts
BurnsSide42 said:
if i'm around I might go to watch - but not take the 9000 out on the track course - it's fine for straight lines - but corners - might as well give wheels to a brick... :roll: :shock: :lol:
pump up the tires, clean the 400 lbs of crap out of it and it should be able to run.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
DeLorean said:
BurnsSide42 said:
pump up the tires, clean the 400 lbs of crap out of it and it should be able to run.
oh i KNOW it could do it - but it's more money outta my pocket and more wear and tear on the car which isn't needed - she's creeking a lot more these days... I don't wanna force any extra stress on it. Besides, that more a c900 thing then a doctors car thing. I got the highway cruizer - you go the rally car :p :p

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just bumping this to remind everyone about the event tomorrow. Hope to see you there.
Eric

·
7,595 Posts
Well I'm back, fun time! next time I'll have to bring the saab. I brought the sunbird (G-stock class) mainly because the saab needs new engine mounts, the transmission is damn nearly broken, and I have been too lazy to fix it yet.. So anyway, even once I semi figured out the track, the car was not really all that competitive. It gripped somewhat well, but when ever I took it too far, it just plowed through corners squealing. Other problem it had was spinning coming out of curves which reduced my acceleration. The "cork screw" near the end of the course, once I got into that and lit up the LH tire I could never get it to stop squealing and plowing till the end of the run! I even got a cone caught up in my tire well on one run. I didn't have much body roll at all, but I did have some SERIOUS traction issues throughout the run. I guess my dry-rotted old dunlops did not help matters with that :lol: my best time that I kept it on the track with was a 50 something, some of the G-stocks were running 45's although the average I would say was a 48-49's

I'm sure paul and burnsside 42 will post some pictures shortly.

so next time, we need to have more than 4 people from TSL show up

8)

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Yup, what he said, fun time, gonna have to do it again..i think im hooked now. I ran like a 49 something as my best time, think i got 8th place? not bad for my first time 8) . The 900 performed flawlessly, it was even enough of a sleeper to get me into G-stock along with delorean hehe, i have my doubts as to wether my car should be considered "stock" :p . But anyway, i think the one thing i need to work on is the driver :oops: . gotta hold it to the floor longer and be a bit smoother, but still had a great time, and at least i ran faster than the pickup truck :lol: .

only got a few pics, but here they are:

on the way there, got up at 6:15am planned to leave at 6:00am :oops:

Going into Nazareth Speedway behind a serious auto-xer

Picture of the field, pretty diverse mix of cars, including a guy in a 9000t that none of us knew :? didnt know that was possible :lol:

ERP on course:

ERP again:

ERP showing everyone what torque is :twisted:

Yup thats all i got.

Paul

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
My 9000 did moderate considering it's all stock and original - best times was like a 56 I think - It was fun tho!
Here's my pics:
This was a Convert I passed on the way - Monte Carlo Yello - looked Sweet!

ERP takin a pass

A Few Shots of Eric's (ERP) Ng900:

The cars racing on Saturday (yesturday now)

See next post for more pics!

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
yep - this is more :p :shock:

Lotus - oh how I want to touch and drive you so:

WRX:

Other cars:

Saab guys Chillin before departure:

Eric:

DeLorean and Paul:

I'm not even gonna comment this one....lol (I lied- What a pose! LMAO):

Inside ERP's ride:

That's all at last!! Great Time! I need my SPG tho for this auto-x event. 9000 just isn't balls-out good enough (not this one anyways - that Grey one (2.3T) did fairly well tho).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts