Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Nice kill. 8)

I wonder how much he was boosting at. Unless he had a lower compression, I'd assume not much which makes it somewhat pointless to add a S/C anyways.

I'm glad u showed him what was up ;)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks lastnght was a weirdnighit
beat that jetta, raced a sentra beat that. than saw the sentra beat a talon as the sentra was pulling ahead my friend in his 81camaro blewby them outta no where it was pretty funny.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
personally I like the feel of "torquesteer" - it reminds me that the car is that powerful and could get away from me at any moment - keeps ya on yer toes - plus it's just comfort that the steering still works :p :lol:

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Lol yah right Burns. Torquesteer is dangerous!!!

I was stopped at a light on a hill once, and my car had rolled into a small pit where the road was sunk in. When the light turned green, there was a woman with kids in a Windstar next to me, and when I gave my car some gas to get out of this pit, torquesteer kicked in, and almost sent me straight into her door :shock:. Luckily i countersteered just in time and her and i just looked at each other..I said sorry and she just smiled.

So noooo....Torquesteer is Bad!! :evil:

·
Registered
461 Posts
Yes you can feel the torquesteer in my 9-5. I am like burns. I love the feel cause its like the car is telling you I am set to haul ass so sit down and hold on.

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
nice kill.

torque steer keeps me on my toes, but scares my passengers. :shock: makes the girlfriend yell... not in a good way, either. :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
saab90089 said:
whats this torquesteer u speak of?

.....comin from a stock C900T............don't think u get it till 17psi on our cars?

Ian
you dont really even get it then unless you've got alignment issues :roll: torquesteer is just a myth :wink: .

Paul

·
7,595 Posts
I get a touch at low speeds if traction is not the same to both wheels, but generally there is none on my car. I think that's just an "NG-900 thing" ;)

·
Registered
461 Posts
YEs paul torquesteer is a myth :roll: . Are you kidding me? You can have perfect alignment and get torquesteer. If you think it doesn't exist I challenge you to go test drive a brand new mustang gt or something. Rev the engine and then drop in=t into gear. WHen the back of the car is fish talling that is torquesteer. The car isn't just waving goodbye.

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Osiris said:
YEs paul torquesteer is a myth :roll: . Are you kidding me? You can have perfect alignment and get torquesteer. If you think it doesn't exist I challenge you to go test drive a brand new mustang gt or something. Rev the engine and then drop in=t into gear. WHen the back of the car is fish talling that is torquesteer. The car isn't just waving goodbye.
:?

torquesteer on a RWD car? never heard it used that way.

Theres alot of different factors that effect torque steer by the way, things like tire size, spring/shock combo, alignment, general design of the suspension and front axles... the list goes on. My fix for torque steer, hold on to the damn wheel, its that simple :lol: like you said, you wouldnt expect a rwd car to stay perfectly straight when you romp on the gas, and the same holds true for FWD just in a different way. and basically what i meant was that torque steer doesnt exist on a properly set up c900, but that might not be true for those of you with those silly GM based saabs :wink:
(just kidding, no need to get into an arguement over whos saab is really a saab)

Paul

·
Registered
745 Posts
The torque steer on those "Silly NG's" or fake SAAB is probably attributed to having more HP/Torque on the lighter chassis/engine based on the classic's design principles. Of course that's just conjecture on my part...since I never really owned a classic. So I could be wrong.., and don't want to cause an argument.. :lol: :)

·
7,595 Posts
the main reason for the NG's torque steer is not because it's a newer chasse design than the C-900, because it's not. I'm sure you know it's based on the euro cavalier by now, and we all know when that came out :lol: Anyone will tell you a double wishbone suspension is superior to a strut type suspension. the chasse of the C-900 was DESIGNED with a turbocharged engine in mind, while the cavalier wasn't. Dumping 185 some HP into a chasse that was never designed for it is why it happens. With a C-900 you can get away with having 220 HP at the wheels on a 100% stock chasse.. try that with a 900-SE. The thing would be an absolute MESS to drive... not saying that the NG is a bad car, it's not, but these are things to keep in mind when moding.

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
ENOUGH! :lol: :wink: This is a HUGE part of why the NG900 and 9-3 have torque steer. (the one on the right)

really smart design for a steering rack clamp. flimsy rubber bushing that allows to much movement and screw it onto the firewall!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts