1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
User
9,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
I guess this is what you do with the leftover parts after completing the correct conversion: Saab turbo motor into BMW chassis....

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
Yeah, wow...shitty chassis from the start, then spend the time to make it a rear drive? Seems like a waste of time, I would have stuck with the e36 chassis.

Still have to give him points for doing something like this!

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
YEA lets take a sloppy chassis and put loads of time, money and effort in it to make it RWD!!!

especially when there are other much better RWD chassis to start with....

people swap motors in cars that are light, well styled, or have a wide sex appeal to fix blatant mechanic shortfalls. even though i love saabs, i dont think of an Ng900 in any of those ways

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Interesting. Sometimes projects are more so to findout if something can be done, but its not acutally practical.

In highschool, my friend and I slapped on a 49cc scooter engine onto a bicycle. It was wicked awesome, and a fun project. Then we went ahead and tried to put on a 2nd engine, just to see if we could.

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
That is lame since that engine takes up the exact same space as the S52 which has a 40+hp head start. I guess if you just have the engine lying around.
My guess would be that it was sitting around, or the builder was not wanting to commit and S52 to such a shitty chassis :lol:

I know I wouldn't.

But again, despite the oddity of choosing an arguably less out of the box capable motor into a less out of the box capable chassis, I do like seeing this sort of thing. I think it would be fun to do this sort of thing to my (RWD with whatever the hell motor would be easiest) but I sure won't be attempting it.

There's always a better chassis to build, there is always a better motor option when doing a swap...so whatever. I'll still give the guy a thumbs up!

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
I'd rather see something like this in a C900 chassis (more like an Quattro driveline). But I give 'im points for effort.

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
FTF yourself? No idea what FTF means. I think there were a few people here who thought that is was neat that the person took the time to do this...in spite of the end result (superior drivetrain layout, inferior motor, inferior chassis)

·
Registered
645 Posts
while i wouldnt be able to do this and it would be a waste of my time, i gotta say i know some body/hotrod guys that make motor swaps happen in a weekend.. to the av-er-age bear this would seem like too much time and money etc, but to the truely artistic this would be a couple of weekends worth of welding rod and sheet metal.. cool project and would damn sure be a stop light head turner.. think of someone doing a RWD burnout in an ng at a car cruise..PRICELESS..toss a viggen kit and cage on it and it would be a "classic' imo

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.