Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my dad has a friend that just bought himself an spg. the car needed a new trans. and as he was working on it he realized that the front control arms were rusted beyond repair. so he went out and bought himself an s10 front end and an older jaguar, i think an xj6, it has the inboard disc brakes. he has big plans, and an even bigger wallet. i don't know if he's planning on running a v8. but we'll see. he is also having a set of 22" wheels made for the car, he is planning on bagging it so he an tuck those suckers up in there.

i'm interested to see how it turns out, it sounds pretty sweet. well except for the giant wheels.

i'm trying to get him to join saablink and post his project, but we'll see.

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
craig likes them big wheels,

but if your dads friend can make the spg look like this 99, that would be one bad ass ride

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
personally i like 16's on c900's 17's at the most. 22's i think will look a bit much, they work well on large muscle cars and cruisers, but its a small hatchback..

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
the dirty south

·
Registered
861 Posts
this sounds like a car that will never get built.

He may have money, but does have time and patience to do a complete swap out on a car he has no experience with? Sure, he could pay somebody to do it - but, which friggin' mechanic has experince swapping a compelte drivetrain from a truck - or jaguar to a saab. I mean c'mon, that car would be sitting at a shop for a year before it was completed. - then, who knos how in the hell it'll hold up? Bah.. Im not saying to dont belive you, cause I do.

I dunno, sounds like a relly stupid idea. But hey, if hes got the money, then he can do whatever he wants right?

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
there's always a critic.

·
Registered
3,739 Posts

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Pics or it didn't (or isn't) happening.

·
Registered
703 Posts
this sounds like a car that will never get built.

He may have money, but does have time and patience to do a complete swap out on a car he has no experience with? Sure, he could pay somebody to do it - but, which friggin' mechanic has experince swapping a compelte drivetrain from a truck - or jaguar to a saab. I mean c'mon, that car would be sitting at a shop for a year before it was completed. - then, who knos how in the hell it'll hold up? Bah.. Im not saying to dont belive you, cause I do.

I dunno, sounds like a relly stupid idea. But hey, if hes got the money, then he can do whatever he wants right?
someones on their period:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts