Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I don't really understand why this is 'cool' but I have seen a few VW's around here riding rusted hoods and shit.

c'mon vortex. aireeca does this beat the picture of your favorite flatbrimmed fanbois?

·
7,595 Posts
He really should apply some paint to that hood, I can't say intentional rust for the sake of rust is a good look to me

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I can't say i like any aspect of that car.... looks like a cheap shitty toy, blown up. I like some old Vdubs but not that one.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
why the fuck does that Jetta have a Porsche style RS badge on.... does it mean Really Slow?

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Besides the wheels and the debag driving that Rabbit, I personally kind of like it.

why the fuck does that Jetta have a Porsche style RS badge on.... does it mean Really Slow?
Must be cause Porsche has the largest stake in Audi/VW they can use the Porsche emblems****

·
Registered
645 Posts
Im oddly drawn to this one actually:

see this car is kinda cool, mainly because it was headed for the junkyard due to the fact the a-pillar was damaged beyond repair.. but instead the dude said fuck it, slapped some $$ wheels on it and sanded all the paint off. somewhat of a rolling work of "art" instead of in a trash heap..

·
Registered
369 Posts
Probably because that is the only RS badge he could find but ... :rolleyes:

Can you spot the RS badges on Porsches that are not true RS.

Less options = more power, but you used to see some pretty plush cars "badged" both 911 and Boxters.

Almost says "Hey, I was dumb and forgot to tighten the fuel filter and that sucker lit up raich on faar!"

VW sucked when it came to paint. Wife bought a brand new "Wolfsburg" Bunny and rust was showing on the hatch at 6 months.

Porsche and VW used to move cars between buildings in the rain. C&D caught them back in the 1960's and had pics to prove it.

·
Super Moderator
6,726 Posts
Because sometimes it looks sick:

And then it got awesomer:

I love the shifter.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Ouch! Pro-file-plus time?

I went back and noticed the guy has a "long board" alongside the surfboard.

The guy is white as a sheet and has like no muscle tone for paddling. We had a kid riding around home and used to see the car parked in a bar with the board on. No way that happens. A close look and the kid had the board bolted to the racks.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
for some reason i love Rustyslamington its got a Supra mota in it.

i think the whole v-dub thing is just to stand out and be different i dont have any problems with it personally but iam not going to do it to my car..... it could be worse i they could be Bosozoku cars.......

·
Registered
369 Posts
As an old guy let me axe a question? I heard on that "Auction" reality show the other day, the guy takes in a Triumph 650 Chopper and the "expert" said they did that because they were personal expressions post WWII.

BS ... the longer angle of the neck was more stable at highway speeds and my point is it was functional. Early choppers were made by hacking the neck and welding two springers together. My point is function.

Drifting, I think is a waste of tires but oh well, it's motion.

What am I missing with this rust thing or is this just a last .. I don't understand trashing a good car? Worse, my kid got like $400 from the junkie for his not running Saab so with the diminished parts value and in this economy ..

What the f' am I missing ... except for humor of course. :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
6,726 Posts
You're not missing much. But serious, why does everything have to fit a mold? Why do you have to do something because it is based on better function?

For crying out loud, I drive a lifted dually diesel F350 to the software company I work at everyday. I don't need the truck at all, I bought it because I wanted it. These people do this stuff to their cars because they like it plain and simple.

Originality is sanity.

·
Super Moderator
6,726 Posts
I want a fucking cressida so. bad.

My family had one in the early 90's. I would have supra swapped the nuts out of it if I was old enough.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I expected a bit of flames but don't get "superior", like I said, it was an honest question.

I have had over 50 cars and some were weird rusty POS and I loved them. Look at that list on the other site. I liked my AMC Ambassador wagon. Why? Got me by the sneakers. :confused:

Often, you can't see the forest for the trees. Look at automotive history and there was a function behind almost everything (real or perceived), like the lack of paint on the Auto Union and "Hitler's Silver Arrows".

There is an analogy there if you can follow the logic.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts