Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knew the cost for restoration for rust areas on my 1991 900SE.

I have bubbling over the fender and a large rust spot that the former owner did some makeshift job, no clue what kind of job to it and a rust spot by the left tail light.

Attached are pics.

I would also like to get a new black strip for the front of the hood because it is chipping.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
The OEM back strip for the hood is no longer available. there are materials out there that folks have successfully used as a replacement. search here, or over on the C900 bulletin boards at saabnet.com

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
getting ready for warm weather driving?

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
The OEM back strip for the hood is no longer available. there are materials out there that folks have successfully used as a replacement. search here, or over on the C900 bulletin boards at saabnet.com
Dan Haugh (Landjet on saabnet.com) has replacement front strips for sale that are identical to the OEM ones. He sourced the material and I sent him an uninstalled OEM front strip and install instructions that I had and he copied them.

I agree with Tweek, You have to weld in new metal if you want it to last.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Dan Haugh (Landjet on saabnet.com) has replacement front strips for sale that are identical to the OEM ones. He sourced the material and I sent him an uninstalled OEM front strip and install instructions that I had and he copied them.

I agree with Tweek, You have to weld in new metal if you want it to last.
Cool to know. Last OEM strip I saw on eBay went for over $150. They're still out there, but not cheap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts