Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Deez Nutz
15,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...so, I got to take my friends S60R 6mt out to play tonight for a while.

There was 6" of fresh snow over about 1" of packed snow on the ground.

Wow.

Big stinky sideways slides, AWD donuts, and just general fucking around.

It was great.

Predictable, torquey, and just plain fun.

Oh, hi.
Wanna get the tail out? Ok, just stab the gas for a second, and there we go.

Oh, you would like to keep drifting?

Sure, just keep your foot into it, and cut the wheel a bit.

It's ok, it's easy to drive.

After the 9-3 is paid off, I'm selling it, and getting a car with AWD and a turbo.

There, I said it.

·
Registered
373 Posts
After the 9-3 is paid off, I'm selling it, and getting a car with AWD and a turbo.
How much will you be asking for the 9-3?

And will you still frequent the forum after you inevitably decide to purchase a sweet Eclipse GSX? I hear it's very comparable to the S60R in the snow.:D

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Get an old school AWD Legacy, it's no turbo, but it's torquey and light.

It'll scratch that shenanigan itch whenever the snow flies and be a lot cheaper.

;)

And you can put big mud flaps on it.

I just did a HUUUUGE drift out of my wife's place of work this AM. No one on the roads, covered with an inch of powder. Very giggle inducing...even with 130BHP.

·
Registered
10,080 Posts
I LOVE the S60-R. I too, have had some naughty thoughts about it.

I would love to find a CPO'd low mileage one for a steal. Then find someone dumb enough to pay 75% of what I have invested in the Viggen. Then I would ditch the Jetta too and have ONE car for awhile.

This would all happen in a perfect world where people don't think that anything over $10k is too much for a Viggen :)

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
My qualm with the S60 is that it isn't as stable at speed (in snow) as either of my cars are.

Not counting that, it's fucking fun to drive around in the snow.

·
Registered
10,080 Posts
My qualm with the S60 is that it isn't as stable at speed (in snow) as either of my cars are.

Not counting that, it's fucking fun to drive around in the snow.
I have not driven one yet :(

My only qualm as a "magazine racer" is the weight, but when compared to a B5 S4(I love it too, but I trust its reliability even less and they are starting to look a bit dated) the weight is in line.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
So Palmer, you are 2/2 at being "ruined" by a car my parents own. First the S2000, now the S60R.

Want to try my dad's new 350z?!?!?!? Or I could hook you up with the '02 explorer....

Andy does Tom have snows or is he just running A/S?

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
Tom has all seasons on the R car. He is one of those non-believers in snow tires.

And Palmer, you did not call! I would have been up for doing AWDounts too, in fact there were snowdrift olympcics last night, but I didn't feel like going by myself.

·
Deez Nutz
15,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How much will you be asking for the 9-3?

And will you still frequent the forum after you inevitably decide to purchase a sweet Eclipse GSX? I hear it's very comparable to the S60R in the snow.:D
Noob. I still have my 86.

Ha, who knows what those will be going for in 3 years...or for that matter ANY of the SS's with the haldex.

Get an old school AWD Legacy, it's no turbo, but it's torquey and light.

It'll scratch that shenanigan itch whenever the snow flies and be a lot cheaper.

;)

And you can put big mud flaps on it.

I just did a HUUUUGE drift out of my wife's place of work this AM. No one on the roads, covered with an inch of powder. Very giggle inducing...even with 130BHP.
It may be a subie.

Tom has all seasons on the R car. He is one of those non-believers in snow tires.

And Palmer, you did not call! I would have been up for doing AWDounts too, in fact there were snowdrift olympcics last night, but I didn't feel like going by myself.
Eh, we did not go anywhere until 930 or so.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Palmer another Swedish flavor? And yeah a great one at that, would love one of those, but maybe in 5 years or so.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Dig the S60R for sure. 300hp, AWD, 6 speed, swedish! I was considering one a couple years ago, my only real problem with it was the 4DRFTL. The T5 motor is just plain delicious.

Oh, did you have a chance to try a three-point turnaround? These cars have an SUV-like turning radius. It's LOLable.

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
yeah the turning radius is awful.

but they pretty much are sex. i toyed with one on the highway awhile back, we were pretty evenly matched frmaroll

1 - 20 of 59 Posts