Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i start out the car hesitates to go into 1st, same with reverse. also i find it difficult to downshift into 1st. i find putting the shifter into 3rd then reverse or 1st gear while stopped works like a charm... weird though! so, bad mounts? clutch going out?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is this a 900 or 9-3? The 900 had a clutch cable. And if that's stretched or the self adjust mech has seen better days it can effect gear change quality because the gearbox is never fully disengaged from the engine. Easy way to check is to press the clutch right down and see if you can select reverse without a grinding noise. Do it slowly that way you can feel if the gears are still moving and not risk too much damage to things.

If its a 9-3 that has a hydraulic clutch and it may require bleeding. I have no experience of those so maybe check somewhere on here for advice.

If that checks out ok It maybe that the gear linkage is out of alignment check out this page for adjusting it: http://photo.platonoff.com/Auto/20050325.Saab_NG900_Shifter_Alignment/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.