Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Car is due a service in the next week or two. I know that rotar arm replacement is not done as part of a service but how often should it be replaced. My car is 7 years old and has done 48k miles. Should I ask the garage to replace the arm? Will this improve pickup? I would do it myself but it's glued on and I don't want to be responsible for anything that could get damaged in the process :wink:

Cheers
Al

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well...changed rotar arm at service and car feels more responsive off the line. Changed distributor cap some months ago. Rotar arm was quite pitted. So all you N/A guys....it's worth checking condition of arm and cap :D

Cheers
Al

·
Registered
584 Posts
Don't worry about it being glued on. Get a pair of pliers, grab on to it, and twist/squeeze until it cracks in half and pops off.

It sounds violent but it's impossible to mess up unless you're really ham-fisted. And I can garuntee that the dealer will employ the same technique to remove it. The rotor is weak plastic, and it rides on a hard steel shaft. It's tough to damage the shaft - the rotor will crumble apart long before you squeeze hard enough to damage the steel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts