Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I saw a topic by trexturk. Today I went out to take some pics, but now the topic seems to be deleted :? .
In case they're still of any use, I'll post them anyway. The weather was dark and rainy, but I can take some better pics when the weather improves.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Third brake light is still visible underneath it right? Please tell me you know of a place that is still manufacturing them!

if not, then how much do you want for yours :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
supergreg said:
Third brake light is still visible underneath it right?
It's a 900, not a 9-3. The position of the licenceplate gives it away on one of the pics. On a 900 the third brakelight is situated lower, the upper half of the brakelight is covered by the lower Viggen spoiler.
If you want to fit the roofspoiler on a 9-3, the third brakelight has to go, otherwise it won't fit. A universal third brakelight can be fitted inside the car though.

The Viggen bodykit was originally designed for the 900 SVO model, but when the kit was available, the 900 had been replaced by the 9-3 and the third brakelight had moved upwards. The original SVO had a rearspoiler that had a cut-out for the third brakelight.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Hey, thanks very much for the pics, i saw no one post so i just deleted the post.
I saw your other pics on t he other topic, and those were what i was kind of looking for, but now these are great.
I thank you for your help.

·
Registered
729 Posts
its secret :D

acually I was going to try to make it myself. Now that i get how to fiberglass, i am going to use my experience to attempt this later on.
I had thought of a way to do it, then i found this link that became very useful and had done it the same way i thought to do it.
http://www.geocities.com/silverkit98/BodyKit1.html

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Those pics are very nice. I am really shooting for the look of the 900 SVO 8)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here's the 900 roof spoiler on my 9-3:

The high level brake light has to be removed, along with the integral washer jet. The 6 remaining holes have to be plugged. The 900 central washer jet won't fit due to a stepped recess in the 9-3 panel where the brake light once was and the central mounting stud of the spoiler has to be ground off, also due to the stepped recess on the tailgate.

Do I care about any of this?

Errrr, no. :lol: 8)

·
Registered
729 Posts
so how are these spoilers held on?
With like double sided tape or what?
Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
There are three threaded studs moulded into the underside of the spoiler - one at each end and one in the middle. When these spoilers were available they came with the necessary nuts and washers and a drilling template for the tailgate. Due to the brake light recess on the 9-3, I had to grind off the centre stud so mine is held on by the two outer ones only - it's secure enough though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
There are no more new roof spoilers in existance! I dropped lucky and found 2 old stock items at a dealership a few months ago. Maarten had one and I kept the other.

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
maybe if trexturk or someone else who is handy with this type of thing can make a mold and make some of these, they could be a really hot Saablink exclusive item! :wink: :wink: :wink:

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Exactly..its difficult trying to find someone who can make a mold of it.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I'm talking to a company or 2 about this.

What's this SAABLINK exclusive bullshit?
You guys REALLY gott'a lose that attitude.
It's for the good of us all.
I don't care if the only place you can BUY one is here, but do not do this "keep cool shit to ourselves" garbage, K?

I will certainly let EVERYONE know if I come up with anything. AND fine with me if you want to only sell them here....but DO NOT kep "secrets" from the rest of the Enthusiats out there.
That's just sick and fucking wrong. 8)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts