Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cutting to the quick...

1999 9-3 Auto tranny

Two Months or so ago my tranny started acting up--slow shifting and sometimes lurching to an almost standstill when trying to shift into 2nd usually first time of the day.

1. Added a quart or so of fluid and no change in performance.
2. A couple weeks later the engine light shows when I thought it was going to lurch to a standstill when trying to shift into 2nd. My assumption was a transmission related code.
3. Code reads as needing a new rear exhaust sensor.
4. Figured if I was going to swap another tranny in I might as well fix the small issues to get free shipping and keep the car longer.
  1. New exhaust sensor
  2. Fuel pressure regulator (Has never started well in hot weather first time of the day-cheap enough to throw a part at)
  3. Manual heater knobs (ahhh the life of luxury)
5. Also finally fixed the SID for the first time that I've had it and it showed only low coolant. Liar!

Anyway, after the addition of the sensor and regulator it shifts normally again and no engine light. Starts better and now it nags me about low wiper fluid, coolant and getting the theft protection thingamajig serviced.

I can't see a direct correlation but I SWEAR it is shifting better.

So! Could the new exhaust sensor and/or pressure regulator account for my tranny issues? Or is it messing with me only to throw a fit and disintegrate on the interstate?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts