Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brought to you by the same guy that hosted the Mount Washington Ride and the Eastern Connecitcut Fall Cruise::

This is a non-speed event.
OPEN TO ALL SWEDISH CARS! (and subaru)

This car cruise takes us from Hope Valley, RI to URI, over the Jamestown Bridge, through WindMill Hill Historical District to the Point Light House.

...We will then head over the Newport Bridge, over Ocean Drive to the old Navy Fort.

Then through the rest of Ocean Drive to Bellvue Avenue (where the Newport Mansions are). We will cut through Salve Regina's campus and head into Bristol, over the Mount Hope Bridge. We will stay on the parade route through Bristol (home to the oldest 4th of July Parade in the United States) and enter Colt State Park.

Entering Providence, we will go over the Henderson Bridge cut through Brown and The Rhode Island School of Design Campuses - head down through Johnson and Whales and into Gatsby and to our destination, On the Boarder Restaraunt in Warwick, RI.

Each Stop is approximately 20min and include the follows:

The Channel in Jamestown
Jamestown Light House
Jamestown Docks
Park @ Newport
Brenton Point Newport
Colt State Park

We will stop for gas in Seekonk, MA. There is a Mobil there that is pretty reasonable.

A detailed itinerary, with correct directions, will be handed out at the meeting spot.

·
Registered
44 Posts
What is approximate time and milage of run?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Evos are not Swedish or Subarus. Subarus are at least like that awkward cousin. Mitsubishi is some stranger. Also, Subies are better.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Faster wouldnt be a bad thing. Means the ugly would be far enough ahead to clear a nice path for the real group.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I think matt's planning on driving his passat so i see no issue with the evo coming lol ;).....still gotta figure out what im driving.

·
Registered
645 Posts
my g/f is going to a benifit, so if you wanna roll with, your more than welcome

·
Registered
587 Posts
I need to make this work. I love scaring the locals and tourists in Newport. But its not summer, so it will be empty

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay - so Wednesday night/ Thursday morning I will be posting some additional information on the Car Cruise, I was going to do this today; however, I am waiting on a call back regarding the Newport St Patrick's Day Parade (to ensure we are not road blocked by my current route).

AND - the initial meeting place is Route 138 Dunkin Donuts in Richmond, RI.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ALSO - I opened the door to Subaru because they are cool people. I don't care if you drive a VW or an EVO, feel free to join, but just keep in mind that this is a fun car cruise event. We are not racing for pinks or playing the my car is better than yours crap. Those types are not welcome.

Matt's cool people, he can drive his Passat.

·
Registered
9,197 Posts
NICE. I can't confirm being able to do this yet but I will be back in Newport for 3 weeks here shortly.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
that would be cool wes. And if you happen to miss the ride by a couple of weeks, have no fear - I have 3 to 4 more planned.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Sounds fun, getting people motivated to do this cruise/ride. So far two of us are in. trying for more

·
Registered
193 Posts
Damn, I wish I still had a Saab. Or a car for that matter! My truck doesn't do it for me.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts