Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Looks good mate, i did something similar with mine but instead of re-trimming the insert i just swapped them around with my spare set and sold the others on. Mine need a good clean though!

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thats sweet...is that a BMW or a Saab :) Zach you can reuse the clips and if any get broken I used extra glue in that area.

I would like to use Suede micro fiber leather on my Saab 9-5 door panels and seats, but I have been told it is very difficult to work with as well as expensive...I wanted to pickup a pair of Biege sport seats and have a guy I know sew black suede in the middle and do the same material on the door panel inserts.

Something like this...

http://www.yourautotrim.com/noname34.html

·
Registered
1 Posts
How did you go about redoing the door panels. I just purchased a 1991 9000 Turbo and the doors and roof are falling a part. I would like to refinish but not sure how to do it. Can you let me know how you did it?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Wow those all look great! Nice work.
Bit of a wonder re durability tho.. I've developed the habit of using the fuzzy fur indent as an elbow rest whilst driving ..annoyingly I just can't seem to shake the habit.
Point being that while the oem material is proving surprisingly tolerant of this unintended? wear.. It won't live for ever. Not sure what other replacement materials would endure similarily though.
Vinyl, I think would develop a dent and shiny spots early and headliner material (foam backed stuff) I suspect would wear quickly.. based on how fragile headliners are.. even brand new.
Any ideas ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts