Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Viggen that I bought about a month ago. I want to mod it but plan on going slowly cause I have car payments to make. I was looking at all the rescue kits and MP definately seems to be "the affordable solution". Abbott is not in the picture cause they are simply asking to much. Does anyone know if the KIC kit from genuine saab is worth the extra money. It looks better but that doesnt mean it is. The clamp and brace from MP is 150 where KIC goes for 295. Big difference, am I missing something. Any input would be appreciated.

·
10,303 Posts
Abbotts issue right now is the horrible exchange rate.

MP and Genuine Saab are both well loved suppliers on the site. I am sure everybody will chime in. I actually dont have a steering rack clamp on the car yet.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
mp has evrything youll need..i have there steering rack on i have speedparts swaybar..and had mps subframe....all work great hellps out a lot but doesnt completely cure it.......

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Anything would be better than the way it is now. It can be fun having that kind of TS but I have scared the isht out of myself and passengers a few times. Gunning it out of corners is not safest thing in the world, especially with the cement medians.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
lemonscu said:
Gunning it out of corners is not safest thing in the world, especially with the cement medians.
after these upgrades that is my favorite thisg about driving the car!!

·
Registered
745 Posts
I agree with using MP's clamp is the ticket... Simple but effective.

Of course you could always install a Limited Slip Diff.., and eliminate the torque steer all together. At least that's what I noticed.. with mine installed..

regards

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OOh, LSD. Sounds Like $. I am gonna go with the MP clamp and Brace Then add about 40hp and see where Im at.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts