Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there everyboby. I was just wandering if anyone would know if replacing my headers on my 2000 9-5 Aero would void my extended warranty. I'm pretty sure it would because I would be messing with the engine, but the cold air didn't and I can chip it a certain way so it doesn't(this is true). So if anyone knows what a could do engine wise without voiding the warranty that would be great cause that car looks sexy and sounds sexy, but every little bit helps.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
what other headers would you be putting on you car? Also i'm pretty sure that would void your extended warranty. Also to get the most power out of your car, just get a ECU, they are very easy to install and if anything happens then just put the old one back in.

Nice to have you on the site.

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
if it;'s the Saab dealer warranty, anything will void the warranty is they can prove (and they will try their best and even stretch the truth) that the aftermarket part caused the failure. If you mess with the chip, if they can find out, ANYTHING that goes wrong with fueling, ignition, or the engine will probably NOT be covered. Besides, I wouldn't muck around with Trionic unless you really know what you're doing. i got around this by getting a new uprated ECU and keeping my old one, so I can pop it back in if i have any troubles.

Even a cold air intake can void the warranty. If they find an oiled filter, either panel or cone, and your MAF sensor fails, they will say it is because the oil fouls up the senor and they will not cover it. Just something to be aware of. If you plan to mod the car, don't bother with extra warranty. I am not picking up any extended warranty on mine because I know I will have more mods and it would be pointless....

·
Registered
88 Posts
If you have a different ECU, make sure you change it out EVERY TIME you go to the dealer for any type of work, even if its for your power seats or anything.

They will go through your car and make a list of all the mods you've done nad take an image of your ecu.

Then if you bring it back for something engine related, lets say a cracked piston, they will come back and say, what happened to the ecu? Why is it changed and why was there non-saab code in the original one you brought it in with?

Warranty coverage denied!!

Ask me how I know about this.

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
WOW, sorry to hear about that!

I will be going for my 20K service/inspection so i will definitely put the stock ECU back for that. I plan to do it for all oil services, it only takes about 5 minutes so it is no big deal.

All i have under the hood is a hyperboost valve, in black, and I'm sure they will notice but I don't see why that would cause any problems...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts