Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is in the wrong section or has been posted before. I searched and found nothing. So a while back I replaced my brake booster (2000 viggen) and upon trying to remove the tube that feeds brake fluid to the clutch hydraulics I broke the nipple off :angry:That thing had pretty much fused itself to the tubing. As a temp fix I used some tubing that had the exact outer diameter as the inner diameter of the old tubing to make a sung fit. I did not want to fork over $150 for a plastic tank as I just spent a ton on the brake booster. Anyone thats has experience with Viggen's knows how incredibly expensive certain parts are compared to a normal 9-3. Booster and reservoir tanks are no exception. So recently my clutch won't fully disengage and I'm stuck having to rev match everything. It gets worse with heat. My procrastination has obviously come around to bite me in the butt. I'm sure there's air in the system and I know my diy fix definitely won't hold up to a pressure bleed.My fluid is really old anyway and surely needs to be changed. First step is to bite the bullet and buy a new overpriced reservoir tank, or if anyone knows if one from a 9-3 or 9-5 is cross compatible, that would be useful. Second is the questions. What steps are needed to completely purge the system? As I said the fluid is old and it's possible I've gotten some moisture in my system due to my f up. It's certainly spongey due to old age so I want to get all of it out and start fresh. Really don't want my hydraulics corroding. Any things to keep in mind while replacing the reservoir? I really appreciate any useful information. Tried to find a repair manual for viggens as enough stuff has proven to be quite different from a standard 9-3, but haven't found one. If this economy would quit sucking I would stop putting off repairs!!!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
There is an easy way to bleed the clutch and I'm not talking about the internal slave. Take a board, wedge it in between the seat and the clutch pedal and make sure the pedal is depressed half way. Sleep on it, done. Might take a couple nights to do this. There is also the reverse method which is done using pressure at the nipple on the tranny. I converted a motive, attach to nipple, remove cap, apply prssure, done. Make sure you don't push fluid all over your engine, have a turkey baster ready.
Do brakes next.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
No idea if they reservoirs are interchangeable... But, I may have one from when I did my hydraulic clutch conversion. I'll check this weekend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts