Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with the death of my NG, I was in need of a new winter beater. Once the lady's insurance co. finally paid up, I bought this '91 9000 Turbo. It has Aero interior, Aero TD04, Aero springs, Aero side skirts, glass moonroof, rear Bilstiens, Swedish Dynamics stage 3, short shifter, some stuff I'm probably forgetting, and lots of new replacement parts.

It was like this:

Then we were totally dead at work so I decided to punch out a little early and buff half of the hood to see how well it would come out. Next thing I know everyone is grabbing buffers and going to town. Totally OOF, but you get the picture...

Unfortunately, that's when things started going downhill. First the clutch started intermittently staying on the floor, and then the exhaust fell off. Directly in front of the only muffler. Long 30 mile drive dragging it... Main problem being the exhaust is some ghetto shit that's welded into one piece from the downpipe on back, but progress is being made.

So now it looks like this:

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
nice score dude!

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Wicked.

Is it just me or does this 9k bring back memories of MikeDs?

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, the last two owners are on here... so I guess it has been in the "family" for a while...

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Wicked.

Is it just me or does this 9k bring back memories of MikeDs?
That car is largely responsible for my familiarity of MikeD. I bought it when i was 15 with 198k and a bad DI. I remember getting messages from MikeD asking what the Part number on my AMM was, while he was diagnosing his TCS deleted 92 9000T.

I popped a transmission at 206k, and an engine at 207k, and another transmission, 800 miles later. I decided to start tuning the car in a more correct fashion, and added a 110k junkyard engine. brought it to 225k with very little trouble, and sold the car to Nick when i picked up a 92 9000T shell.... I guess it was being pretty good to him too!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I've driven that car, and it's a shit ton of fun. Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
Please don't remind me of Mike D's 1992 9000.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Unfortunately, that's when things started going downhill. First the clutch started intermittently staying on the floor, and then the exhaust fell off. Directly in front of the only muffler. Long 30 mile drive dragging it... Main problem being the exhaust is some ghetto shit that's welded into one piece from the downpipe on back, but progress is being made.
nice pick up. whats up with the the exhaust?
You must not have watched or learned enough from;

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
^shit, I did watch Levar Burton (Reading Rainbow). I was too hasty and just looked at the pictures

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hah, this car is the best beater ever.
x2

Awesome - reminds me of my 87' Looks like it has a little rust on the r/r 1/4 :) Those exhausts are gay - hope something more custom is in order.
Will it be custom when I remove the tailpipe when it, inevitably, breaks off the other side of the muffler? And the rust is kinda the least of that 1/4's worries :lol:

I've driven that car, and it's a shit ton of fun. Enjoy!
Yes, yes it is :D

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My guess is the clutch master intermittently letting air into the system, but I haven't looked into it. Pump it a few times and everything is a-ok. Picked up some basic tune-up items tonight that will hopefully help some of the idle/MPG/fluctuating boost nitpicks. Probably not, but one can hope :lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts