Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a horrible leak and replaced the valve. No More leak. I filled my coolant reservoir up and burped the radiator to make sure i have no air in the lines. But now my a/c and heater will still not work (did not work before because coolant was to low).

codes 7 and 21 are showing (just learned how to read them in the sticky!). Could I have installed the hoses in the incorrect order or should I be looking at something else. Everything was working fine until the valve started to leak so my mind is stuck there. I just dont want to rip everything back apart and switch the lines and have them had been right the first time and damage something

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
If you got the bypass valve plumbed wrong it's possible you won't get heat going to the heater core.

Easy to check, in the passenger footwell there is a little bulging cover, on the center console under the glovebox, held on with three little plastic snap buttons. Pull that cover off, the two large aluminum lines are the lines carrying water to the heater core, once they engine is warmed up they should be scorching hot.

The A/C could be un-related, just double check there is pressure still in the system.

7 and 21 are both problems with the actuator flaps, but that wouldn't keep you from getting some temp change, esp since there isn't a code for the passenger side.

Report back.

Drew

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
picture is taken up towards glove box and the rubber hose disconnected to cool glove box. Is there a way to test all the relays and what not?
I have been traveling for work and need this problem fixed (icy windshield in the morning and gets worse in the mountains) but have NOOOOO funds to take it in and have a professional do it.
Is there a way to test the fan/blower/whatever themselves? I will rip the whole car apart if I have to. I aint scrrrred.

·
Registered
105 Posts
zero zilch nada. Does not do ANYTHING. any way to test the resistors or the fan to see which one died? When i originally figure out the valve was bad it was due to low coolant and blower was making odd noises. So maybe it burnt out due to low coolant in it?
No way dude the fan does not have coolant in it, it circulates air off the heatercore radiator.

·
Registered
77 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.