Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found out that my two O2 sensors in the front of the car are both before the Cat converter. I keep getting codes could that be why?

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Yes, That would make sense. Since the car is looking for higher(?) O2 levels after the cat, but is not getting them.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Wait, how did you get 2 o2 sensors before the cat. It seems like something that would be pretty intentional.

Tboy

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Maybe "lou" made a mistake?

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I called them It would seem that they made a mistake I have to bring the car over so that they could check it. But the car drives like crap unless its in sport mode. Plus the code that its getting.Code P0172 & P0420

·
Registered
154 Posts
One should right on the top of the down pipe, just after the turbo, then the cat sits right next to that and then the rear o2 is down behind the oil pan. Next to impossible to get 2 o2s before cat.

p0172 is a rich condition on sensor 1
p0420 is a catalyst performance issue

possible plugged or deteriorated cat?

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I'ts a brand new CAT. Its not even a month old. But I am going up to lou's probably today to have them take put the O2 sensor in the right spot hopefully.

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Ah, how does that happen?

Its kinda an obvious mistake.

·
Deez Nutz
15,679 Posts
One in front of the cat, and one after.

This is how the car knows the cat is working.

Someone who does exhaust for a living should know this.

Now you have a extra bung for a wideband. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.