Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how hard is it to remove the entire fog light from a ng900 bumper? i wanna take them out completely so i can clean them and put some laminex on em

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
8mm screws on my ng, but anyway its fairly easy... Remove the splash shields under bumper, remove upper 2 screws and theres one more on the bottom(i use a flathead to pry down the lower spoiler on the bumper and get my ratchet in there that way, once all 3 mounting screws are removed/loosened you can pop the fog light out the spot where the underbody shield would be, unplug connector, then u remove the phillips thats on the black cover and voila you can change bulb, installation is reverse of removal... Good luck
Three usually very rusty torx screws and the wiring connector...thats it.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah haha they're kinda pitted so I was gonna wet sand them and buff em a bit so the laminex has a good surface to stick to

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
looks good, nice work. what did you use to take out the pits?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
looks good, nice work. what did you use to take out the pits?
x2! Mine are pitted to hell and then some. Basically worthless. If they're not salvageable I was thinking of trying to put in something aftermarket if I can find some that fit the oem spot well.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
its actually spelled lamin-x i spelled it wrong. but i just got a 1ft by 1ft piece off ebay for like $5. but to clean the fogs i took em out and wet sanded them with 1100 grit sandpaper, then i buffed them with rubbing compound, works great for pitted headlights too! oh and the lights are just 100w nokya artic blue bulbs and the headlights look dark because i took them apart and painted the edge black

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
its actually spelled lamin-x i spelled it wrong. but i just got a 1ft by 1ft piece off ebay for like $5. but to clean the fogs i took em out and wet sanded them with 1100 grit sandpaper, then i buffed them with rubbing compound, works great for pitted headlights too! oh and the lights are just 100w nokya artic blue bulbs and the headlights look dark because i took them apart and painted the edge black
How much were the headlight bulbs?

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
thats helpful

i put the laminex yellow film on while fogs were on car. It can be done in minimal time. but if you want to clean them I see why your asking
I was posting from my phone and it wasn't cooperating. I meant to come back to this thread on my computer but totally forgot. Sorry

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yep my uncle owns a body shop and we do alot of headlight restorations and wet sanding works the best

1 - 18 of 18 Posts