Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I stored my ng900 away a few years ago I put 2 boxes of mothballs in. Yes I know a tad bit overkill but since I couldn't get into the garage to replace them 6 months out of the year I stocked the car up. Now I can not get rid of the smell. The carpet has been shampooed with my professional extractor and I keep spraying air freshener in there. Anyone have any tips? I hope I don't have rouge mothballs chilling in the cracks of the car somewhere.

TIA

Drew

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Smoke about a dozen cigars in it.

If that doesn't work, try Smelleze.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Get a bunch of Arm and Hammer baking soda. Put a couple boxes in each footwell, with the top ripped off. Liberally sprinkle more of it under the front seats. Let it sit, windows up, for a few days.

Also try Ozium air freshner/cleaner.

·
Registered
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Get a bunch of Arm and Hammer baking soda. Put a couple boxes in each footwell, with the top ripped off. Liberally sprinkle more of it under the front seats. Let it sit, windows up, for a few days.

Also try Ozium air freshner/cleaner.
I have baking soda in the car now.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
trying to get rid of the dead hooker smell?*

*this is the part where i apologize for my sarcasm because i am not capable of being that mean and not apologizing. I just felt a good zing was in order.

Seriously though, baking soda works well, possibly one of those ionizer machines? If any is mold or mildew related pour some bleach into cups and set it (carefully) on the floor, this should help kill airborn crap.

·
Registered
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
trying to get rid of the dead hooker smell?*

*this is the part where i apologize for my sarcasm because i am not capable of being that mean and not apologizing. I just felt a good zing was in order.

Seriously though, baking soda works well, possibly one of those ionizer machines? If any is mold or mildew related pour some bleach into cups and set it (carefully) on the floor, this should help kill airborn crap.
I thought about taking it and getting an ozone machine put in it for a bit.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
It will be in the carpets and headliner mostly, so I would first use a carpet/upholstery cleaner and make sure those are all done over. This will get rid of 75% of the smell. Then, unless you use a product like Ozium, baking Soda will eventually do the trick if given the time.

The moth ball smell is a hard one to get rid of though, I can't stand that stuff!

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Really isn't one lol, if it's not dirty looking just febreeze that shit

1 - 20 of 22 Posts