Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any reason it shouldn't just slide out of the transmission? The one on my car won't come out, but the one on a parts car came out easily. Both are 5 speed turbo cars.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Any reason it shouldn't just slide out of the transmission? The one on my car won't come out, but the one on a parts car came out easily. Both are 5 speed turbo cars.
Should come right out like the parts car. There really isn't anything that should be holding it in there.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should come right out like the parts car. There really isn't anything that should be holding it in there.
Thats what I figured, but the three times I've had my trans out it wouldn't. Maybe the fourth times the charm. I think it needs replaced so hopefully it doesn't give me trouble when i get around to it.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Pull the rubber Dust cap off the inside of the axle at the carrier and take that big circlip off. No cutting required, just big circlip plyers. then I use a special ground up really long air chissle bit to dift the carrier bearing out. It stays attached to the axle.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
All the ones I have pulled just popped out with a pry bar.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Without the little Circlip/lockring, isn't there a chans it would move out to much, and even fall out? I have always had to use a prybar on all the 20 different car's I did this job on. On some car's more force then other's, It's more like a "snap" force then a lot of force. You have to make the lockring "pop" out of the groove.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Yeah, you are probably right, but the axle can move over an inch inside the inner joint housing. Isn't there a chance the inner joint housing can move OUT also. I never heard it happen so I guess I stop here. Why invent problem that doesn't exist, there is enough with real problems out there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts