Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw a remote car start kit at my local Kmart for like $50. It's not the one that includes the keyless entry / alarm (I want to keep the saab one). Has anyone tried installing one of these before? Will it work on a Saab? I have an automatic so I don't have to worry about the reverse lock....Any ideas?

And do I have to get the one that includes the alarm, keyless entry because the saab alarm system is built into the ignition? So it won't let me start it unless the alarm is off?

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
me and ricot are trying to figure out how to bypass the alarm because of our TTs... but it should...if you bypass the alarm

·
Registered
274 Posts
What I would do so you don't have any of those problems is just buy one of the nice alarm systems from your local car stereo store. Then you have one remote that does everything, crutchfield will even sell you a system that uses an adaptor harness to connect to your factory harness for almost everything. This way no cutting, and everything works right the first time. The most expensive one of these systems cructchfield sells is 200$ and they give you phone support on the install.
Otherwise, here's an idea on how to use the kmart remote start with you alarm, disarm it and then press start... then you have no conflicts at all. I'm pretty sure that is what the aftermarket alarm/entry/start systems do, except they might keep the doors locked until you press the unlock button. Anyway, good luck!

·
Registered
392 Posts
I bought the same one about a year ago, still sitting in my room. Ill try to bring it someplace for them to do it before it gets into the real dead of winter, too nervous about messing something up with the ignition or alarm. What if you dont put your alarm on over night? In my neighborhood i don't even have to lock my doors.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would assume if you didn't set the alarm, starting the car would be no problem in the morning. I always set my alarm, so I need to turn if off before starting the car, or else figure out a way to do it with it still on which would be nice...

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
in evry car ive read about it is a matter of "fooling" the central locking.....so i think if you trick the locking to not know the car is running you will trick the alarm as well....is that right to assume?

in the wrx all i had to do for locking (no alarm) was cut a wire (central locking wire)

in the audis it is rerouting the central locking wire to another power source...

get what im trying to get at...... :?: :?:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts