Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - just wanted to post up a version of the relay 666 headlight mod which allows your inboard H7 halogens and your outboard xenons to operate simultaneously as high beams.

I've seen a number of other posts where people are modifying the relay, or the wiring under the relay panel. While that works, it cannot be reversed easily.

After doing some reading - I chose the method shown in the attached pic. Basically you connect terminals 87, 87a, and 30 with a wire. You remove the relay and insert the jumper wires, allowing you to switch back at any time.

My jumper wire is basically a "tripod" with three equal length "legs"

If you only jumper 87 and 87a, you loose the "flash to pass" functionality altogether.

My vehicle is a 2003 Aero.

Best,
Andy

Attachments

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting tags... :violent-smiley-010:

And BTW, if anyone has any reasons not to do this mod, I would be curious to hear them.

I've been pleased with the additional light output, and my car has only caught fire three or four times since :winky:

·
Registered
78 Posts
i didnot do eany mod to wiring just replaced relay with orange one that was missing. hid low, hi7 iner reprogramed parking lights daytime runing lights . instead of hid on all the time tech2. led h7

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As mike points out, there are certainly more glamorous ways to do this!

I do not have my Aero anymore but I had this modification on for about 18 months and the improved light output was great.

As you can see in the image in Mike's link, this mod links 30, 87 and 87a together permanently. The relay version would look prettier for sure!

·
Super Moderator
6,730 Posts
This is pretty awesome on a Xenon car with alternative 1 lighting mode enabled. High beam xenons, inner halogen highbeams and fog lights can all be on at once.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Done correctly, this is not only a safe long-term solution to very poor night visibility on high-beam, but it's even easier now. There is a jumper made and sold that looks and plugs in just like a relay, but it's simply a plug-in version of this "jump." All you do is open the hood, open the relay box, pop it in, close everything up and enjoy. The only caution:

DO NOT USE H7 BULBS IN YOUR HI SOCKETS WHICH EXCEED OEM WATTAGE.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts