Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the best/correct method to refurbishing wheels. I have 17's with a polished lip and while i was at school my dad decided to take my car for a ride and ended up scuffing up the whole lip. :evil: :evil: :evil: he offered to replace it but i will try myself to fix it first. im about to take my rims off for the winter and im going to do whatever i can to fix it, so any input would be a help.

·
Administrator
668 Posts
SERIOUSLY!!!! HOLY SHIT!!!! THANK YOU YOU JUST MADE MY NIGHT!!!!

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Wow is right - bookmarked that one. Great tip! You earned a cookie ricot83! :lol:
That's good to have on hand - when I go to put the CSE rims on the SPG i may consider touch up onthe lips - not much dmage is there, but there is SOME. I tend to hit/rub tires and not rims - thankfully. :?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
well about a year ago i was lookin at an audi to buy so i researched the hell outa everything, and found tons of usefull things on that website there... there is also something there about making the range of their alarm longer, which i want to try some time considering the vw/audi alarm is similar to ours

hey if u guys find anything usefull lemme know

edit: the guy that wrote that article owns a rim repair place, so he is deff helping us out by having that posted

·
Registered
110 Posts
Cool!

Thanks ricot83! That should be in the tutorials section. Wonder if that paint would match my mille miglias, looks about the same color.

·
Registered
274 Posts
That wheel repair is insane, looks soooo good. My wheels are the stock saab alloys, the rears have rust because believe it or not it sat in the same place in the shade long enough ( i believe around 4 years) to rust the wheels in the corners around the spokes on 1/3 of the rim. I'll have to try that revival technique on em when i get some new rims. Thanks Rico!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
its a great site and thanks, but i have another question. my rims have a polished lip and i dont think that painting it will do the trick. isnt there a method involving sanding and buffing that i can use to bring the lip back to a mirror-like shine. anyone ever heard of this?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
u would need a buffing wheel and honestly if u just go to a search engine and read about metal polishing there will b tons of stuff there,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Recognize these stockers?

Cost - about 30 bucks for the paint, clearcoat, lacquer thinner, and turpentine.
Time - 90 minutes per wheel
Positives - super cheap, less upsetting when they get scraped, chipped, touch- ups dissappear in the dark base under metalflake
Negatives - Very hard finish, must be careful not to catch an edge

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
looks nice, makes those nice brakes really stand out and gives your car an all-around stealthy look. those weights ruin the finish though :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts