Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm due for some new balljoints/lower control arms for my Viggen. I'm just now starting to get some parts together for it's annual spring upgrades, after being stored all winter.

I've got a couple options so I wanted to see what other people where using. Obviously I'd love to get the upgraded poly bushings from GS but I'm not sure if I'm sold on the actual lower control arm they carry. It's around $400 + shipping if I got the lower arms and upgraded bushings straight from GS. I've heard that it's a Scantech product. Can anyone verify that?

If so, I can get a Scantech lower arm for $50 cheaper than GS and get free shipping. Think it's around $109 for just the bushings from GS, but I'd have to take them somewhere to get pressed. Than again, I'm not sure if I'm ready for upgraded bushings. Could probably invest $109 towards something else before bushings.

My other options for lower control arms are...

-MevoTech $91.19
-Beck Arnley $141.63
-Moog $141.34
-URO $77.77
-Scantech $102.95
-Professional Parts Sweden $77.53
-Febi $122.49

All have free shipping.

I'm not hunting down the cheapest one, just want some quality product for a decent price. Would appreciate some recommendations/feedback on what other people are using, or if anyone has bought any of these brands and upgraded to the bushing from GS.

Thanks!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Had a scancrap arm from GS fail in 1 year 2 months. YMMV
Bought a Mevotech, swapped bushings and kept on trucking.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I've bought some parts from DP...
mixed reviews.

balljoints are too important to skimp on.
Moog/Beck Arnley or OEM, or bust. Save the money elsewhere.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From where are all these arms free shipping?
Auto Parts Warehouse | Car Parts & Accessories, Truck Parts, Discount Auto Body Parts Online
They usually have great prices and lots of options. It's definitely one of those mega online stores connected to others. I only buy simple items from them. They ship fast.

Pro Sweden and Febi are off eEuroparts.com, also free shipping. Haven't had the best of luck with them the past couple purchases.

Had a scancrap arm from GS fail in 1 year 2 months. YMMV
Bought a Mevotech, swapped bushings and kept on trucking.
Good to know! How long have you had the Mevotech's?

I've bought some parts from DP...
mixed reviews.

balljoints are too important to skimp on.
Moog/Beck Arnley or OEM, or bust. Save the money elsewhere.
Agree, to important to skimp on. I've never heard of DP. Kinda leaning towards Moog. Probably wouldn't get the upgraded bushings if I got those.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Well, the good news is that I found a much cheaper alternative to powerflex.. soo... you're good!

·
Super Moderator
6,726 Posts
I bought mevotech from rockauto for my 2000 Viggen. They look like a good part in your hand and went in nicely. The bushings seems stiffer than stock too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts