Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I work in an office now, hunkered down in a bunker with a database to mind and feed and care for.

I'm looking for new things to listen to during the day. Here's some of the podcasts I currently enjoy:

Pretty much anything from Kevin Smith's Universe.

Sound Opinions (courtesy of notchback): a dissection of music, present and past, by two Chicago-based critics whose every concert review I consumed the morning after in high school as my ears still rung from the night before.

This American Life.

Radiolab.

I like history, fiction, science, weird stuff, geeky stuff and this guy and his take on the Civil War fascinates me.

So...what else should I load onto the Ipod each week? Thoughts? Anyone?

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
How stuff works has some great stuff.

I listen to Stuff you shoud know, Tech Stuff, Stuff mom never told you, and Stuff you missed in history class.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I've got Car Talk in the rotation, but I don't always listen to it. Not sure why since, if it's on the radio, I'll listen to it then.

I'll have to check out those others. I've heard of Morning Becomes Eclectic but never actually heard it.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
in for suggestions too. Wish opie and anthony got into the podcast game. Any similar suggestions to them would be great.
Also, if you aren't listening to Savage Love, you should be. You'd get some good chuckles out of some of the crazier calls.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I think they are. Luckily youtube is stocked with hundreds upon hundreds of 10 minute segments. And they all rock. Their "gay history" "all the way may" "bill burr" etc clips are epic and they are conveniently grouped into many great playlists.

"Bears"had me crying this morning. Stern is so effin stale nowadays.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Last night I was viewing all the comedy central roast clips in honor of giraldo. Those are not too many but they are all a+ material

Check out jimmy meets tony romo from oanda. Awesome.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Autoblog does a weekly podcast. Recently though when not listening to my usual Stern on Sirius i have been listening to Adam Corollas podcast and Jay and Silent Bob get old, both are pretty good.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'll second the How Stuff Works podcasts. All sorts of great stuff. Wait Wait Don't Tell Me is good (the NPR news quiz). The Freakonomics guys had a podcast going for a while, but they haven't done a new one in ages. The Moth is great, too. True stories told live without notes.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll second the How Stuff Works podcasts. All sorts of great stuff. Wait Wait Don't Tell Me is good (the NPR news quiz). The Freakonomics guys had a podcast going for a while, but they haven't done a new one in ages. The Moth is great, too. True stories told live without notes.
Been digging on some of the How Stuff Works podcasts already. And, yes, The Moth is fantastic. I've got to make it to one of their live shows in NYC one of these weeks.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Obviously CarTalk!! Click and Clack are the best, I download the newest one every week on iTunes, and put it on my iPod. Humorous, and very informative!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts