Saab Link Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
10,303 Posts
If we do a group buy, I'd like to use MP Performance. Being they are a site sponsor and SaabSavior isn't yet. Its not manditory though.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Just thought I would throw in my two cents on this one..... I have the Saab Savior brace currently. It is a nice piece and installation was fairly easy. If I were to do it over again I would get the MP brace, because of its stainless construction and the fact that it does not require taking the carpet out of the trunk. Also, $30 for powder coating seemed a bit high and it is not necessary for me as it would not be in danger of getting scratched or anything like that. If you buy it "raw" it would definately require some kind of paint ( I just used some spray paint) For those concerned about space.... the Saab Savior brace is bigger than the MP one... But in the long run they both do the same job, so which ever would be the best is up to you. I know that DC SAAB posted a picture of the MP brace, if you need a picture of the Saab Savior installed let me know and I can take one.....

-Ben

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
is that MP brace on upside down? It looks like the round part is meant to envelope the top of that strut moun or something for some additional support?

Looks nice, when do they go on sale?

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
if that saab savior one has to remove the carpet, that is not for me.

But too bad MP is not with a removeable center piece, I may just end up not getting either, I want a removeble piece and keep the carpet. Guess you can't have your cake and eat it too... :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
745 Posts
:lol:
Not installed yet...., I propped it there to take a photo..after winning on EBAY..

I'm going to be ordering a lowering kit, with springs and konis...going to wait to get those until then...

regards

·
Registered
9 Posts
ah....so you're the guy who beat me out on that auction!

DC_SAAB said:
:lol:
Not installed yet...., I propped it there to take a photo..after winning on EBAY..

I'm going to be ordering a lowering kit, with springs and konis...going to wait to get those until then...

regards
According to the text in the auction, you've got the only one-off stainless prototype - the rest are going to be painted steel. Should work just as well, but the stainless is way cool!

·
Registered
546 Posts
abdukted1456 said:
But too bad MP is not with a removeable center piece
We would like to make both, but with so many projects in the works I could not say when it would be ready.
Eric

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Eric, do you know when MP will have their website updated with the new prices for the short shifter and their other new products?

·
Registered
546 Posts
b dash rian said:
Eric, do you know when MP will have their website updated with the new prices for the short shifter and their other new products?
I am working on it now. The new design is finished, it just has to be coded and check.
Take a look at ebay for some of our parts. We put up parts that aren't cosmetically perfect for a real cheap price.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts