Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Cant complain bout the price as its about the same as OEM.
I dont know as to how much more vibration you get as i installed all of Nicks mounts at one time..

motor and gearbox feel nice and tight now:D

·
Greek Mod
4,294,967,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes,
problem was addressed with a replacement set of harder poly bushings
drove for a couple of months and the same problem is recurring with the replacement bushings (not as bad yet though)
not too worried bout it... i just wanted to see if anyone else has had the same issue
(ill find a way to fix my issue)

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
what do you mean its losing shape? Mine has held up well, other than the top mounting bolt working itself loose on the way to tulsa (down shifts had a wonderful "THUD" sound...)

i have this combined with the tranny and front motor mount, and love it. Clean shifts, more motor noise, but so what?

also, mine came with two bushings that fit inside. We chose the harder of the two. I think Wyldsaabman may still have the other (maybe?)

·
Registered
416 Posts
mines doing the same. I got a replacment and it still crushed! I get horrible chatter and vibrations coming out of gear. Not to thrash on Nick, I love his parts, this mount has a flaw.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
what do you mean its losing shape? Mine has held up well, other than the top mounting bolt working itself loose on the way to tulsa (down shifts had a wonderful "THUD" sound...)

i have this combined with the tranny and front motor mount, and love it. Clean shifts, more motor noise, but so what?

also, mine came with two bushings that fit inside. We chose the harder of the two. I think Wyldsaabman may still have the other (maybe?)
Yep I've still got the softer of the two. I purchased the mount shortly after helping you with yours. I also put the harder bushing in mine. I've got the two softer bushings and my good stock engine mount sitting on my tool box.

I haven't had any issues.

The bushings are obviously going to become a little deformed around the two carriage bolts in the bottom of the assembly. It is just forming to the shape of those. I don't see how that is affecting the whole assembly. Your bushings would have to be shrinking to cause play.

Does your engine/trans feel like it is moving more then it should?

EDIT:

Did you put the small conical piece of poly back in the center of the bushing?

·
Greek Mod
4,294,967,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep I've still got the softer of the two. I purchased the mount shortly after helping you with yours. I also put the harder bushing in mine. I've got the two softer bushings and my good stock engine mount sitting on my tool box.

I haven't had any issues.

The bushings are obviously going to become a little deformed around the two carriage bolts in the bottom of the assembly. It is just forming to the shape of those. I don't see how that is affecting the whole assembly. Your bushings would have to be shrinking to cause play.

Does your engine/trans feel like it is moving more then it should?

EDIT:

Did you put the small conical piece of poly back in the center of the bushing?
yes it is moving now more than it should

i didnt have it in, then i thought to myself "hmm lets add that back on just to add a lil more support"

i just really need to find the time to put the car on the lift and remove the mount and inspect it again

i might add a round steel plate to make a smooth base for the bushing to sit on inside the assembly so the bolt heads dont deform it

·
Greek Mod
4,294,967,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I just emailed Nick to see if he can help us out
im assuming you bought it straight from him... and in doing so you have the luxury of warranty

i got mine second hand so i do not have the same luxury. i have to throw $$ to get it fixed

regardless lets see what else nick has to say

·
Registered
331 Posts
Quick side step on this topic...

Will the GS RACE rear mount experience this issue? Curious if that would be a good alternative, but not sure how untolerable the added vibration would be as compared to the SPORT mount.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Grkguy, idk if you answered this already, but do you have all the poly mounts? If not, maybe the warping is because the other mounts are weaker. Maybe there is some unequal distribution of strain on that one mount.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts