Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 9-3seHOT on the rear end i have fitted, Eibachs 1.5 lowering kit and rear sway bar. i am getting a creaking noise when i turn...it mostly comes from the right/driverside....i have not yet torqued the sway bar bolts could that be the culprit?...or does it have to deal with the springs?....or the shocks? i know its kinda vague ..but if i could narrow it down.....

thanks for the help!..i will look at it and if i cant do anything ill bring it in and update you!

·
Registered
729 Posts
if your springs where installed properly, then it shouldn't be that. But you should check the bolt on top but the strut brace. and other bolts from stuff you added.
Just my idea

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
what is the temperature out while you are doing this??

i know that on my saab, if it's cold out, and bump or sharp turn will make my suspension and steering components sound like they are shattering...

~justin

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i dont think its the springs...(i installed them)...but they havnt given me a problem ever...i have been thinking and it has just recently started....being that i just installed the sway bar....i think it could be the bolts......at least i hope...i will check the torque when its dry out.....

i dont think it has anything to do with weather being that i didnt have this problem last winter...

·
Registered
134 Posts
after you lowered it did you losen up bushing to the axil if there were any bringing it down that extra inch or so causes them to twist and not make noise not right away somtimes but after time start to make a bit of a creaking noise if there are any were the axil connect or if you have independent rear suspension leave the car on the ground loosen the bolt then bounce the car a few times alowing the bushings to get rid of that flex and reset themselfs to the new ride hight

1 - 5 of 5 Posts