Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the warmer weather now my car does not seem to have the pep at all it used to i donno if anyone else experiences this with the warm weather but when in accelerate threw 3 and on its like the car is hardly moving not only that but my boost has really droped in the temp change as well from 12psi in the cool weather to like 3 or 4 in the warm i know the warmer weather changes air density and all but that seems like to much of a change for the boost im not running a boost controler yet but have one on the way just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this and if so has any tips

·
Registered
475 Posts
The warm weather would not decrease boost by that much so there is probably something else going on. Check all inake piping after the turbo for leaks. Also check your plugs and make sure they are not all fouled up. Any other ideas guys?

·
Registered
156 Posts
No, warm weather should not affect it that much. The boost is limited in gears 1-2, you should get full boost in gears 3-5.

Check to make sure the carpet (or floormat) is not bunching up under the accelerator pedal. The pedal should be able to go as far as the rubber stop. You will not get full boost if the pedal cannot go down that far.

Next option, it could be that the solenoid valve has gone. A quick check would be to remove the hose to the wastegate controller and go for a run. You should get wild, uncontrollable boost. This would also tell you that the rest of the turbo system is working. I think this has been posted before.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts