Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my Saab radio is a pioneer and doesnt have a PU code so the dealer cant/wont? give me a code to turn on my radio. Going on 6 months and i would like to listen to some toons again.

Please advise;P

·
Registered
75 Posts
maybe write pioneer..if it is not stolen or reported stolen, and you can prove ownership of the radio, Pioneer will give you the code..If it the code that initially came with the radio as new, it may be 12345..My pioneer had that code as bought..I had to change it after i installed it.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Well my Saab radio is a pioneer and doesnt have a PU code so the dealer cant/wont? give me a code to turn on my radio. Going on 6 months and i would like to listen to some toons again.

Please advise;P
9-5 and 9-3 audio systems are electronically married to the car using a hash of the VIN and can only be married/divorced using the factory scan tool.

·
Registered
5,988 Posts
Is it an aftermarket Pioneer head unit? Maybe I'm missing something but why do you need a code from the dealer if it is?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tyty

Thanks carl. was trying to avoid paying the dealer if i could but looks like i will need too.

stromer-it is a stock pioneer deck.

Thanks for the info peeps.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
^^ See post #3 above. Have to go to a dealer or independent shop with a Tech2 to re-marry the head unit to your car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.