Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i just recently found out that the station close to my house has racing fuel. it is 110 octane, but... it is leaded not unleaded. i presume that i cannot use this since it is leaded, but thought i would ask anyway to see if it is possible. sure would be nice

Ben Y.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Leaded won't work. There is one station in TN that sells the Sunoco GT100 street legal unleaded race fuel...

Amocoland
3505 1/2 Andrew Johnson Highway
Morristown, TN 37814
(423) 581-6051

You can get Torco for unleaded cars as well. It turns 93 octane into 97-100 octane.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Toroca? what is that an additive? where do i get it? when i get it would i just pour it in the tank? i thought i had read something before that had to do a lot of mixing and measuring.

ben

·
Registered
475 Posts
Torco is an additive you just pour in your tank. I think when you add tolulene or xylene you have to measure and mix.

Boll, 95 octane in Europe is 91 octane in the US so I am guessing the 98 you get is the 93 octane we see here. I use 94 US octane which would be 99 or 100 octane in Europe. The GT100 100 octane race fuel would be 105 octane or something close in Europe.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Look for gas stations close to race tracks. I found a station that has 110 octane unleaded. It is about 5 minutes from a dragstrip.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts