Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just wondering, I have a TD04-15G 6cm^2 out of a '93 9k aero that I'm planning on sending out to get an 18T or 19T wheel, but I was just wondering if the oil and coolant line locations are the same as on my viggen TD04-15T or if I am going to have to fabricate some braided lines? and if they are not, could I just swap exhaust housings between the two turbos. I know the 15G turbo is a bit different but I'm not 100% clear on exactly what they are.

Also but unrelated, the viggen is getting a 3" GS v2 downpipe, custom 3" catback, ETS fmic, and a JZW stage 4 tune this weekend :D

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Im pretty sure the 15G only changes the fans on the turbine/compressor blade....If you're getting this machined and rebuilt up to an 18/19T this won't matter.

As for the oil and coolant lines being in the same place, I believe they are, the only thing is that the turbo may be "clocked" differently, so spatially they may not line up to your hard lines, in which case you may want to go the route of SS braided lines, or have the turbo builder clock the turbo to match your car.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I thought something was different and I would really like to use this one to upgrade instead of just swapping the exhaust housings and then sending it out (which I'm still not sure would line up without doing custom lines).

·
Registered
151 Posts
I assume you have a Viggen, why not just swap the 6 cm^2 housing to the 15T? You will still need to machine the compressor housing off the 15T, unless of course you want to fab an intake pipe to fit the 15G to a T7 car. Both can be done, I just think it's easier to swap the exhaust housing from the 15G to your original turbo and upgrade that.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What I'm trying to do is minimize the down time the car has to sit because it is also my daily driver. Does the exhaust housing get machined at all when you swap to a 18T wheel? If I could send the 15G out to get upgraded and rebuilt and then just swap the exhaust housing over after it was done and I had time to install it would that work?

·
Registered
151 Posts
The exhaust housing is the only thing that doesn't need any machining, you can take it off and save on the cost of shipping. However, you do need to have the compressor side machined to accommodate the bigger 19T wheel and the compressor housing is different between the two. If you use the compressor housing from the 9k, you will not have a "direct bolt-on" and will have to fabricate an inlet pipe.

The center also gets machined, but they are identical and doesn't matter which one you use.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright thanks that's all I wanted to know. Ill probably just borrow a friends car while its down and just swap the exhaust housings and use my compressor side and center

·
Registered
121 Posts
Well after clocking, the wastegate wont line up correctly. I'll take a picture of what needed to be done on mine to have the wastegate mounted correctly.
not trying to thread jack but can you post a pic i just used one bolt to secure my waste gate and i want to know if theres a better way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.