Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking around on some of the dodge forums toying with the idea of getting a holset and I have a few questions.

What have people done about the oil return lines? On a T5'd 900 would a holset HY-35 fit in the stock location? Is an EWG needed, or can you use the internal wastegate?

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
its not going to fit in the stock location, you could use a spacer or do the TC rotate, inturnal gate works if the turbo has one, but EWG is better. i would just change out the wastegate actuator if you use the inturnal gate. Cruzer has a good return line set up, my works but its not the best

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had looked at the pics of cruzers return line, I was wondering how he attached the fitting to the block. Good to know it will fit in the general stock location.

·
Registered
582 Posts
The oil return line on my car is attached from the Holset HE351 into the stock oil return hole location via these parts

-10AN T3 oil return adapter
-10AN 90 degree swivel
-10AN straight swivel
-10AN 24ish" of stainless braided line
-10AN straight swivel
-10AN straight female coupler with a nut on the back side of it

Here are some pictures to help explain how mine is setup. In the picture of the complete oil return line I did not use the circled silver -10ANto-12AN adapter on the left of the picture. I also added a -10AN 90 degree swivel where the other circle is on the right of the picture in between the t3 adapter and the -10AN straight swivel attached to the stainless line. The pictures of the block I circled the -10AN straight female coupler with the nut on the inside of the block. I just put a bunch of lock tight on the nut and tightened the shit out of it to make sure it wouldn't fall off inside the block. Hope this helps and I hope I didn't confuse you.

Attachments

·
Registered
582 Posts
If you use a Hy35 it will not fit in the stock location. I did the TC rotate. In order to do this TC rotate and have the outlet where I did you have to re-clock the turbo and using the stock wastegate is no longer possible unless you want to build another wastegate mount or cut off the stock one and re weld it in a new location. All 3 sections of the turbo have to be relocated for the turbo to be put in the location I put mine in. I used a Tial 44mm external wastegate located in my 90degree TC rotate adapter.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Cruzer- did you make a support for that turbo yet? its just alot of weight on the exhaust studs.
How? If the manifold is secure against the head - then all the pressure is on the head and no worries. A brace will just AID is takeing to any temp changes and help keep the pressure applied to the head flange to ensure a tight seal. There isn't much of any weight hanging on studs once they are tightened down.

I really want to get my 5 speed swap in my 9000 done one of these days so I can begin the Holset mods . . . I really just want to turn my 9000 into what JK had :)

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
there is alot of weight and stess on the exhaust studs with a holset there, expially if you factor in the exhaust as well.

look at how 9ks love to brake exhaust studs on the downpipe side

1 - 11 of 11 Posts