Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in the coming weeks Im going to be getting an 84 4dr winter beater. Originally it had an 8v turbo but an 8v n/a is going to be swapped into it; so my first question is what is required to make everything work as it should? Secondly I have my 89 16v n/a parts car at my disposal and I wanted to know if its possible to convert the 84 over to the 16v? I know Id have to swap over everything fuel related; has any one done this or know of some documentation on the matter?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Wow, blast from the past. It's been a while for me with an 8v, but I think swapping to 8v N/A should be as easy changing exhaust and the intake bellows between fuel dist. and throttle body. 16v conversion will require much more. At least dash and full harness. I swapped out fuel tank and lines last time I did this swap. Thinking about it now, seems like you could throw a couple of barbs in the feed and return lines in the engine compartment and splice in 16v lines up to the motor. Double check this, but I think the 8v and 16v pumps put out similar pressures. Years ago I saw one with a 16v running on CIS, they just fudged the CIS injectors into the 16v intake. It was pretty hack, but ran surprisingly well.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ooooooh if you weren't 15 hrs away Id be totally down :(

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my friend who has an 84 turbo is getting another 84 only n/a. He wants to keep the turbo motor and stick in the second 84 he got. Im getting the other one for free with the n/a motor; make sense?

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
my friend who has an 84 turbo is getting another 84 only n/a. He wants to keep the turbo motor and stick in the second 84 he got. Im getting the other one for free with the n/a motor; make sense?
8vts are cool... I'm sure you could find someone that will Give you an engine for it.....If you can find a donor its bound to be cheap due to body rott!.....

Or......

Do the JK 8v LPT build

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
8vts are cool... I'm sure you could find someone that will Give you an engine for it.....If you can find a donor its bound to be cheap due to body rott!.....

Or......

Do the JK 8v LPT build
go on.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.