Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search for any posts about someone using a turbo timer and i couldn't find anything so...my question comes about would they work with a 99 9-3? i wasn't too sure with the way we have to shift into reverse to turn car off....If anyone has sudgestions as to which timer i should go with that would be great. thanks.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
the argument over on saabcentral is that besides not working with the whole reverse lockout thing...why waste your money when you can just drive easy for the last few miles...or just idle for a minute before shutting off...some people have also had their cars stolen due to the timers....

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Well I think if you can get past the reverse lockout idea, then timers can help. Because sometime I forget, or an in too much of a hurry to give enough time for the turbo to cool down.

That is a good point about the car being stolen however.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
i mean yeah in times like that when your rushed they make sense....but im skeptical as my friends integra turbo and my friends civic hatch turbo were both stolen...and when recoverd we found that they had started the cars through the timers...then again they didnt have alarms....but it was just something i thought you should know

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
ahhhh.

I thought turbo times told you the amount of time you were on boost, not your cooldown time...

I can't see the point of these on water and oil-cooled cars that are driven sensibly....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts