Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready in the next few weeks to start installing my gt28rs with sqr ecu,among other components.One of the items necessary for this install is to upgrade to the volvo "green" injectors (p/n 9202100 I believe).I was told by the supplier I bought them from that spacers would be needed to install them correctly.They said I could make them from copper pipe or something.Does anybody know what this is or how to make them?I think it may be for raising the fuel rail but not sure.Thanks.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm doing the same thing. Had to raise the fuel rail 13mm to get the injector to sit in the same place in the manifold in my viggen. I used some aluminum standoffs that are used in some electronics to seperate circuit boards and cut them to size, Longer bolts then necessary of course.
When I did the swap in my 9000 Aero it wasn't necessary.

·
Registered
362 Posts
or you can do what I did, spend $500+ on some forged pistons at GS and ask for a set of them spacers.;) they were super duper helpful in my plight. gotta love GS.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Seriously.. They look the same length to me ;) The std injectors are much shorter. This will force the new injectors too far into the manifold.

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
everyone keeps saying spacers are needed..
i didnt use spacers on my greens for the t7
maybe that was some of the issues you had on the dyno with a/f ratio and such back in the day. If the injectors were too far in then you wouldn't be getting a good spray pattern. maybe? or am i thinking of someone else :confused:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts