Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1981 8v c900 sedan, 1990 2.0 9k carlsson, 1992 21 c900 sedan
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm contemplating the idea of getting a battery tray from a turbo c900 if I can find one to go in my n/a scarabe-green 2.1 sedan.

There's nothing really wrong with how the battery sits now except the original factory battery shield is rusty and so is the engine bay floor area where the battery lives, so as part of fixing all that I was considering a battery tray as well.

They seem pretty hard to find.

My old (rip) red 89 hatchback had a turbo battery tray fitted by me. That car has been gone 8 yrs now since I pranged it. Still miss it.

Craig.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I've one turbo and one na c900, and never realized there was a difference between the battery trays. What's different about them?

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Same.. My 1986 Turbo and 1992 N/a look to have almost identical battery trays.. What's the difference?

·
Registered
1981 8v c900 sedan, 1990 2.0 9k carlsson, 1992 21 c900 sedan
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The difference is that non-turbo C900's do not have a battery tray - the battery just sits on the body metalwork and is clamped directly to that with j-hooks. In the turbo C900's there is a special metal tray that lifts the battery up off the body metalwork.

This is the battery tray in my 8V turbo sedan (pic taken about 8 yrs ago):

pic page

For comparison, this is the engine bay of the 2.1 sedan I bought earlier this year with the battery removed (june 2019 pic) showing what no battery tray n/a cars are like in the same area:

pic page

I'm going to be giving the whole area a full treatment to get rid of that rusting and repaint with colour-matched aftermarket auto paint.

Craig.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts